Classic Cocktails for QT3

EDIT: in my haste to contribute to the boards I missed the fact that there was already a dedicated cocktail thread. My apologies. I will move on to “cocktail anyone” thread.

Did you mean:

http://new.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=64614

Click “Search this forum”

Enter word “Cocktail”

Oh look.

I did a forum search last night, have no idea how I missed the “cocktail’s anyone” thread. Sorry about that.

You know, I’m all for being a dick to the new guy. It builds esprit de corps. But am I the only one who thinks this affectation about resurrecting old threads, to the exclusion of starting new ones, has turned into a fetish?

Heh. Yeah, sorry for your trouble, Scott. I feel your pain. Meet in the “Cocktails, Anyone?” thread then?

I think there’s a website for that kink. If you search, there’s probably a thread about it around here somewhere.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OLD VS NEW THREADS

My favorite cocktail is root beer plus ice cream

Most people use vanilla ice cream but it doesn’t actually matter so use chocolate fudge if you’ve got it

Wooooo!

The best cocktail is the Aaron Sofaer. It’s Dr Pepper, poured into a glass, topped with a slice of arrogant condescension. Flavor as desired with teetotaler sneering and essence-of-holier-than-thou.

It’s not like the recent 1.4 patch has nerfed Scotch, and now everyone is re-speccing into bourbon appreciation. A cocktail that was recommended three years ago is still a cocktail worth trying.

Pfft. You’re just jealous that you can’t wax poetic about the flavors in different wines.

Also, I laughed hysterically at this.

Oh, but I can! With almost exactly as much validity as 99% of people who do.

For bonus points, having no sense of smell has given me crazy synesthesia. Being in a comfortable and relaxed social context has a taste.

I invented a drink. I’m not proud of it, but it’s all mine.

The Russian Jockstrap

1 part vodka

2 parts Gatorade (any flavor but lemon/lime works the best)

Ice

I leave it to the imagination of the potential drinker to understand why it is named as it is.

I need a name for this:

2oz bourbon
1oz key lime juice
1 tablespoon pickle juice (1/2 oz)
Dash orange bitters
Dash Worcestershire Tabasco
(2 drops of liquid Splenda)

The Splenda is for sweetness, trying to avoid carbs. You could sub a bit of agave or simple syrup.

The Misguided? :)

That certainly describes the creator…

I suppose I should mention that this isn’t ordinary pickle juice, but from my own refrigerator pickles. The stuff tastes so good I wanted to find another use for it.

At first I was unsure. But I think I might just like that as a hangover remedy. Maybe add sauerkraut juice as well.

It’s basically a variant of a whisky sour. Pretty tasty.

I have the ingredients here. But the bourbon is kind of high end. And yet I might make one this weekend. I’ll get back to you. Seriously.

I used bulleit because I wanted something on the sweet side. Maker’s would be good.