Classic Video Game "Book Club" -- Who's in?

Should I add you to the list?

I fed a quarter to Zoltar the Great and the fortune he spat out had a just a single word: Rock8man.

Excellent! Sorry, it’s been a really busy couple of days at work. I just got free, it’s already 10:27pm, time for bed. Hopefully in the next couple of days I’ll test out briefly the two games I’m considering, and choose the best one for the club by the weekend.

Rock8man’s been a bit busy, so I’m going to pick the next decider and throw his name back in the hat.

WarpRattler, you’re up. Make us proud.

Oh dear. I completely forgot I had thrown my name in for this, and didn’t actually plan for being picked any time soon.

I’ve got a game in mind, but I’ve got to hunt down my discs for it. I tried to look for them last night after work, but a pounding headache stopped me from getting very far. I have a couple of backup games if I can’t find that one today, but I’d really love to get my first choice rolling.

Sorry the thread’s not up yet, guys! I’ve been a bit under the weather all week, and haven’t felt like playing or writing about anything. I’ll try to get the thread up tomorrow after work.

Hope you are feeling better!

Thread’s up! This session’s game is TRON 2.0.

I completely missed this, and ironically I ignore all stickied posts in some sort of persistence-blindness. So bump incase anyone else is in my boat…

I’m missing this as well, but mostly due to time. Ugh. The last two weeks have been horrid.

Post your thoughts guys, I don’t have time to game myself, so let me do so vicariously!

I was playing the current game in the club, but this whole week I flew down to Houston because of a family emergency (Fuck Cancer). I’m back in town, and I’ll be posting my thoughts so far on Tron 2.0 soon if I get the chance, as I continue to play through it.

Rock8man, best wishes to your family member that they can overcome the cancer.

[I] And worst of all, they never spoke or laughed,
and never smiled because they had no faces at all to smile with,
but only a suggestive blankness where a face ought to be.
All they ever did was clutch and fly and tickle;
that was the way of night-gaunts.

– H. P. Lovecraft
[/I]

That and picking our next game, Nightgaunt.

Well, I had a night of clutching and tickling planned, but okay, I’ll put together my intro post. We’re going classic with a capital-C on this one, folks!

I can think of several classics that start with the letter C myself.

So you’re going to play one of the anime games being discussed in the other thread?

Did someone say Clannad?

Funnily enough, Clannad would be a valid choice for the club once the English version is out, if not for the fact that it’s going to cost $40 minimum on Steam.

Our next decider is:

CraigM.

Sorry, been crazy busy the last few days!

So I have been mulling my choice over a few days, and I’m torn. I have two very obvious choices available to me, but can’t pick one. Ultimately a nudge from Casey, as well as one choice being close in theme to our last game, I think makes the choice. Both are absolute classics, one being exactly 10 years old (ok, in a month. So sue me), the other just over 20. However I shall defer Civ IV (I’ve said as much before that I would pick this one) to another day I think. Expect the new thread shortly!