Classic Video Game "Book Club" -- Who's in?

I was hoping for a longer extension. SS2 is sooooooo good, I wanted in on that action. But my plate is definitely full right now. But hopefully even with this smaller extension I hope I can get some time to play SS2 before krayzkroc has to go to Antarctica to play all his turn based backlog.

Yeah, no problem. After reading you guys talk about the game and listening to the latest Watch Out For Fireballs podcast on SS2, I’m getting the hankerin’…

OK! 2 extra weeks for SS2.

People who are interested in classic games might be interested in this collection of Infocom/Steve Meretzky documents that were just published on the internet archive:

https://archive.org/details/infocomcabinet

(My favorite so far: In discussing utopian vs. dystopian worlds in the future of A Mind Forever Voyaging: “Good 35mm prints of Casablanca available vs. All 35mm prints of Casablanca splice-ridden”).

Please pass along to The Digital Antiquarian for processing…

That was great. Thanks

That also reminds me I have yet to play A Fool and his Money, but that damn game is expensive…

I had a strange encounter on the way in to work this morning, it went something like this:

“Oh Captain!”

Oh god, not this guy again. Just keep walking, he’ll find someone else to bug soon enough.

“Read your future, Captain?”

Without breaking stride I reply “I’m late for work, man.”

He stands up and starts walking with me. “The spirits say I must read your cards, Captain.”

I shrug and keep walking, I’m just a few feet away from the door.

“The spirits say I must read your cards… for free.”

This brings me to a stop. Captain Guy never gives freebies. “Ok, fine, make it quick.”

“Two cards only. Your first card is … Death. But don’t worry”

I cut him off right there. I’m supposed to be in a meeting that started two minutes ago. “Yeah, yeah, Death means change. I wasn’t just blowing you off when I said I was late.” Hmm, it is time to pick the next decider, maybe I’m going to have one of those crazy visions like Nightgaunt did.

“Your second card is… The King… Of Space Games? What the fuck is this?”

“It’s cool man, tell the spirits thanks from me. I’ve really got to go.”

Brian Rubin, you are the next decider.

Wait, I just decided recently, shouldn’t someone else have a chance?

Or…IS there no one else left?

That was the end of season 1, this is your season 2 pick. There are only a handful of us left yet to go in season 2.

Ohhh! Oh my, pressure, yes, um, yes. I’ll have something before EOD my friends.

Just… patiently… waiting. No pressure, Brian. Just, you know… curious. Would love to know what you’re going to pick. But… hey… take your time and stuff. There’s no big hurr-- OH MY GOD, I CAN’T STAND THE SUSPENSE! PLEASE, BRIAN! PLEASE! WHAT’S IT GOING TO BE?!?

Ahem. Sorry. Really, we can wait. A little bit longer.

Oh God sorry, day got away from me. On it!

Here ya go!

On account of widespread holiday crazyness, I’m going to hold off on announcing the next decider until early next year.

Which reminds me I need to play more Terra Nova! Yay!

Holiday crazyness is abating, the kids are back to school (or will be soon), time to pick the next decider.

Annddd… It’s me. I’ll get the new thread up tomorrow or Saturday.

There has been a request to give Psychonauts another week, any objections?

I’ve also been thinking about extending the default time to three weeks. 2 weeks feels a little too short to finish a game.

Yay, extension!

I wish Psychonauts had started next week as I would have been all in! Going to have to start watching this thread more.

Yay! Another week! And Rowe33 will join us!