Classic Video Game "Book Club" -- Who's in?

Next up is Rock8man. Sorry you don’t get a silly introduction, my strategic whimsy reserve is low.

I’ve not kept close tabs on this given my lack of access to PC games (no PC), but it looks like a fun idea!

There’s a 10 year rule in the original post. So a game has to be at least 10 years old. But that 10 year window has now entered the 360 era for the first time. That means that even without a PC, any games from that era will likely be multiplatform and maybe you can play along on the 360 or PS3.

I hope to have my post up tonight after I’ve tested the game I have in mind. (It’s not from the post 2015 era though, so maybe next time merryprankster).

New game is up.

Planescape: Torment

We’ve reached the end of our decider list for season two. If anyone has been thinking about picking a game for season 2 now is your chance to do it with no waiting! (Unless someone else beats you too it.) Just let us know in this thread that you want your shot.

Second order of business: I’d like to bump the time per game up to three weeks. I unofficially did this for the last few and no one complained. I think this gives a better chance to finish something if it grabs you, and more time to dabble if it doesn’t.

Last order of business: Signups for next season:

Add your name to the list below if you want to pick a game this time around.

I want to be a decider in Classic Video Game Club Season 3 (Please copy the list and add your name):

CaseyRobinson

Ok, I am in. I won’t have the time to be the first decider, though.

CaseyRobinson
Jørn Weines

I have been terrible about participating, which I feel bad about, but not so bad that I won’t throw my hat in this round anyway. And I resolve to play more of the Club games! Thanks for organizing, Casey! And I think the 3 weeks extension sounds like a good idea.

CaseyRobinson
Jørn Weines
Nightgaunt

What Nightgaunt said. Add me to the list.

CaseyRobinson
Jørn Weines
Nightgaunt
sharaleo

CaseyRobinson
Jørn Weines
Nightgaunt
sharaleo
tylertoo

Looks like no one wants to jump on the empty queue. Let’s get season 3 started.

Up first is CaseyRobinson. Not what I was hoping for, but as the CGC facilitator I took a sacred vow to not fudge the results without good reason. I’ve got a couple games I’ve been considering, official thread should be up by Tuesday.

Those of you interested in deciding and not signed up, it’s not too late. Just let me know you’re interested and I’ll add your name to the list.

Game thread is up. It’s a bit of an odd one.

Next up is Nightgaunt. I can’t wait to see what artifact he dredges up from this mists of time this go.

Signups for the current season remain open. I know some of you have games you want to pick.

I want to be a decider in Classic Video Game Club Season 3 (Please copy the list and add your name):

CaseyRobinson
Jørn Weines
Nightgaunt
sharaleo
tylertoo

I finish with class in 3 weeks. Then I am done, done, DONE with this working while taking classes stuff. I WILL HAVE TIME AGAIN!

CaseyRobinson
Jørn Weines
Nightgaunt
sharaleo
tylertoo
CraigM

Moi??

I think we’re going back to 1995 for this one, friends. Should have a post up tonight.

I keep seeing King of Dragon Pass mentioned on this forum. And now it’s popping up again in the Stellaris thread.

Someone should really pick that for CGC sometime.

I agree Pod, someone should sign up and pick King of Dragon Pass.

In related news, sharaleo is our next decider.

Wooo! Sorry for the delay, but we are off and running!

Up next:

Ok, that took me a minute, but is awesome Casey.

Already have the game picked, let me write 'er up!

As promised, the new game is up

Yes, all your sleep belongs to me Sid.