Cleaning house with heavy smoke stench

We use that because, well, we have three dogs and carpet. I don’t want carpet, but the idea of paying to have wood floors put in (after first paying to have the floors actually made level) makes me keep the carpet.

Cat piss will mask the smell of tobacco. You could try that.

Your mother is going to think that you’re insane, of course, but yeah, I’d personaly just pitch a tent in the yard and only talk to your mom through the back patio doorscreens.

re: febreeze, I had a friend puke on the back seat of my car once, and I scooped it all out and did my best to clean everything and put febreeze on it, but it was just double the gawdawful, and eventually I succumbed to expense and got it professionally cleaned. If you are sensitive to (evil) smells, don’t try to cover it up with more smell. I gag when I walk into my neighbor’s house, and their only crime is to plug those scent candle things into their sockets. I once stopped going with a girl because she wore too much cheap perfume. Sucks to be us.

My mother had 17 cats at one point when I was growing up. She also smoked at one point. Cat piss does not so much mask the smell of tobacco as it “enhances” it to new levels of awfulness. Like, CBW levels.

As much as I really do love cats, all it takes is one cat with issues to ruin a house.
I was fortunate in that the only cat I’ve ever had never once peed outside of his box in his 19 years of life.

Reminds me of the time my dad bought a brand new pickup. One night while Dad was out of town, my younger brother ‘borrowed’ the truck and went out drinking with his buddies. One of them threw up, projectile-style, into the defrost vents. He tried, but no amount of cleaning helped. Dad wondered for months where “that horrible smell” was coming from. I personally declared that truck to be totalled.

The one time I bought my gf a fancy store coffee on the way home back when she was sick and not able to work for a couple of years (I was always paranoid about fucking the order up cuz I do not know how to coffee), I immediately spilled the creamer-laden concoction all over my passenger seat in my previous car. Milk is not a kind permanent passenger. After a couple of weeks of Tuff Stuff scrubbing and trays of baking soda, I broke and paid to get it professionally deep-cleaned. There was still a faint aura of coffee in my car for a few months, especially on hot days, but at least the rotten milk odor was gone.

Just want to pipe in here. I have heavy smokers in the family, including mom. You can’t get it out of the walls, Sometimes even fresh paint won’t do it because it’s baked into the drywall. The worst part is smokers can’t smell it and somehow miss the yellowing affect it has on light pain too. Steaming/Shampooing carpet doesn’t work either because it works it’s way into the padding.

My immediate family members do not smoke in their houses, thank goodness, they only smoke outside. Others, I simply will not stay with them.

We have used this in various situations and it was much more effective than I expected:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JAP7388/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We set it up in the room(s) we want to treat at night when everyone is in bed and no one will be in the room.