Cliched WWII game generator

“It will give you eight hours of play, but readers will get double that if they get stuck in the poorly-executed driving section.”

http://www.celestialmechanics.com/wwii/

Nice,

Not as great as your Japanese RPG generator, though I think that could be due to a lack of picture content. More pictures please.

Also, words to add if I may.

Nazi
Mortyr
Wolfenstein
Foxenstein
Anne Frank
Badge
Tora! tora! tora!
Hamburger Hill
Pearl Harbour
etc etc etc

edited for retardness

Somebody has to photoshop Bush into this…

Yep, you’re right. There’s the problem of the subject matter’s less obvious humor, but we can get it there. Your suggestions are great, and I’ll work them in for the next version.

I really need a good resource for game-box-like WWII art. I really can’t think of a lot of angles for humor besides Germans and fruity heroic period-paintings.

It’s “Tora! Tora! Tora!”

I’d also add Squad, Company, Bulge (as in Battle of), not to mention a few of the personalities, like Hitler, Churchill, Stalin, Mussolini, Roosevelt and words like Gambit, Strike, Vengeance, etc.

I think that may be because war isn’t all that humorous, even long-gone successful ones.

Warning: Division by zero in /home/rbeschiz/public_html/wwii/index.php on line 158

Fixed.

Jakub’s right. War humor really needs to be focused on particular things – ironic or anachronistic propaganda, futility, or lampooning enemies (a la Dr. Seuss in his war cartoonist days). But I’ve had enough of WWII FPS games, so here it is.

Excellent! Needs more long, crazy-sounding German words though.

• Alan

I have added a small chance of my favorite, but I am not up to speed on humorous compound German words. There will be no Zweihanders this time.

angriffpanzergruppen <-- attacked by tank groups?

Some more words:

Blitzkrieg
Panzer
Panzerfaust
Ober-anything compound word
Actually, Blitz-anything, Panzer- anything, and anything-krieg will do ya.

For art, I recommend googling “soviet propaganda art”. You’ll get some gems from the first few hits. Bonus points for Cyrillic.

You are missing a whole WWII sub-genra. You know the one where someone goes back in time to change the past so the Nazi’s win, and then hero has to go back in time to put things right?

AMERICAN McGEE’s SILVER STAR: D-DAY OF VENGEANCE STRIKE: CHURCHILL SQUAD VS. HITLER GRUPPEN: THE HIDDEN PANZERFOUST

or

AMSS:DDoVS:CSvHG:THP for game reviewers.

Hehe love the included quote:

“A side-suto to the neck of FPS developers everywhere!”

MachFive

:D

I like that the defense of Berlin is codenamed “Invasion”, and involves a sailor.

“If you are the sort of player who enjoys the sort of gameplay that this game has to offer, then there is a possibility that you might like this game, though it is also possible that you won’t.”

That was awesome. :)

I have added a small chance of my favorite, but I am not up to speed on humorous compound German words. There will be no Zweihanders this time.[/quote]

Ha! I got “Schell! Schnell!”

Codename Crusader: Battle of some Mud in Belgium.

Also Operation Kill Germans made me laugh.

Also Operation Kill Germans: Defense of Pearl Harbor. So it WAS a secret Nazi submarine aircraft carrier!

PS. More words like “gambit”. Makes the ‘operational’ or theater game sound more realistic.

Needs fewer PS2 exclusives.

I think my favorite artwork component is the dog looking out of the box with a “what?” expression. Especially when there’s submarines behind him.