Clinton Email Controversy

And yet, on their front page, the standard leads with an article 2 days later:

“FBI Documents Confirm ‘Quid Pro Quo’ Discussion Over Hillary Emails”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/fbi-documents-confirm-quid-pro-quo-discussion-over-hillary-emails/article/2004921

So much click bait

I should have clarified - don’t click on the Weekly Standard link (which is indeed click bait) but rather the twitter link (i.e. the name.)

In one tweet, everything wrong with the Clinton Rules:

Trump’s email servers are insecure: https://motherboard.vice.com/read/trump-is-running-some-really-insecure-email-servers?trk_source=homepage-lede

I’m pretty sure Hillary believes (not without reason) that no matter what she did, people would find something to hound her about, so releasing the emails would have been pointless in the long run.

Knowing that there was nothing especially incriminating in them is like a “get out of jail free” card, to an extent. She knew that if for some reason the heat did escalate, or if there was another controversy she wanted to avoid, she could release them as a distraction and defuse that. Basically, she could release them strategically.

The fact that the emails were technically private and were not reasonably subject to public scrutiny is not a primary concern, but I do think it’s a bonus. She could claim to be using that as a principled stance for as long as it was convenient.

Given her relationship with the media, I also have to think that she just kind of enjoyed having something to hold over them.

The wapo story that General Cartwright is paying for Clinton’s sins seems weak for them. He is getting charged for lying to the FBI, not for leaking info. Unless they are wanting to say Clinton lied to the FBI.

Yes, and this is pretty much consistently the case.

What you tend to get punished for, regarding leaking classified data, is doing so and then trying to hide the fact that you did.

This must be a huge deal, because redhats I know have started shoving it in my face today; with the implication being Hillary is in deep shit over a cover-up that McCabe won’t discuss without guaranteed immunity against prosecution over obvious cover-ups in Hillary’s name… or something.

https://www.wsls.com/news/politics/mccabe-seeks-immunity-for-congressional-testimony

CNN) - Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe has requested the Senate Judiciary Committee provide him with immunity from prosecution in exchange for testifying at an upcoming congressional hearing focused on how senior officials at the FBI and Justice Department handled the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private email server, according to a letter obtained by CNN.

“Under the terms of such a grant of use immunity, no testimony or other information provided by Mr. McCabe could be used against him in a criminal case,” wrote Michael Bromwich, a lawyer for McCabe, to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, who has requested McCabe testify next week.

The stakes for McCabe’s appearance, however, are particularly high. The former No. 2 at the FBI is entangled in a separate criminal investigation stemming from an earlier report from the inspector general’s office that concluded he lied to internal investigators. McCabe has steadfastly denied wrongdoing, but any congressional testimony he provides could have serious implications for his criminal case.

“Mr. McCabe is willing to testify, but because of the criminal referral, he must be afforded suitable legal protection,” Bromwich wrote to Grassley. “This is a textbook case for granting use immunity. . . . If this Committee is unwilling or unable to obtain such an order, then Mr. McCabe will have to no choice but to invoke his Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination.”

If only Republicans were held to the same standard.

Anybody want to takes bets on this supposed reckoning, due today?

My brother in particular is chomping at the bit to see justification for the email probe to be “re-opened and done right this time.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/13/stage-set-for-bombshell-ig-report-on-clinton-email-case-whos-in-crosshairs.amp.html

A slew of FBI and DOJ officials could face a reckoning when Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz on Thursday releases a long-awaited report detailing his review of the Hillary Clinton investigation during the 2016 presidential race.

For more than a year, Horowitz has been reviewing the FBI and DOJ’s actions related to its investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state.

The report is not expected to address the DOJ and FBI’s actions taken in the Trump-Russia investigation, or relitigate the Clinton case itself. But it will mark the most definitive accounting of the email probe to date, looking at – among other things – whether “certain underlying investigative decisions were based on improper considerations.”

Deep President Clinton is sure to get impeached now.

Isn’t the most likely outcome that the IG basically lays into the FBI for being improperly unprofessional and biased against Clinton? Then Fox New just says that the investigation was “improper”, “unprofessional and biased”.

In before a report on Hillary colluding with Putin. Would not surprise me at all with the way things are going.

Yup.

As far as I’m concerned, the fact that the IG office was pressured into an early release of a smear job on McCabe demonstrates that they have been corrupted.

That was my issue. The odds of that ‘portion’ of the investigation being completed in time organically to be used to screw McCabe out of his retirement is so unlikely that you clearly have external influences on the investigation itself.

This is a BLOCKBUSTER report, according to Fox News this morning. Look for this to dominate their news cycle for the next week or two while ignoring whatever outright lies or general evil that Trump & friends shit out.

Looks like you’re going to be right on the money.

Here’s the Time.com headline. Any guesses on the FOX News version?

What it will be used as is proof that Trump’s firing of Comey was legitimate and not an attempt to obstruct justice.