CNN X's out the VP

Is Fox just as reputable or as trustworthy as CNN?[/quote]

Since the moment CNN became second in the ratings war, absolutely. CNN has quite a remarkable history, but once you get over that there’s not a whole world of difference between them and FOX anymore (although I hear they’re supposedly being retooled to be more “hard news”, so if they’re so open and willing to discuss how far the bar’s fallen for them I don’t feel out of line stating the same sentiment).

Does everyone here seriously not watch FOX? Because they’re politcally biased? You’re missing some really good TV mixed in with the news there. I mean, seeing some of these blogs where a lot of our topical “news” items are referenced from, you figure getting your news from Shephard Smith is somehow beyond the pale?

That’s pretty hardcore.

Politically biased? I think the problem is rather that it’s excruciatingly stupid. I can honestly not watch Fox for one minute without wanting to pound my head in the table.

Since the moment CNN became second in the ratings war, absolutely. CNN has quite a remarkable history, but once you get over that there’s not a whole world of difference between them and FOX anymore. (although I hear they’re supposedly being retooled to be more “hard news”, so if they’re so open and willing to discuss how far the bar’s fallen for them I don’t feel out of line stating the same sentiment).

Does everyone here seriously not watch FOX? Because they’re politcally biased? You’re missing some really good TV mixed in with the news there. I mean, seeing some of these blogs where a lot of our topical “news” items are referenced from, you figure getting your news from Shephard Smith is somehow beyond the pale?

That’s pretty hardcore.[/quote]

So we have one network that has had a “remarkable history” that has fallen recently, have admitted that they have and are trying to correct this. And a network that is politically biased yet still claims more than 50 times a day that it is “Fair and Balanced”. Yea I see no reason to trust one networks claims more than the other.

Edit: I’d say most blogs get their topics from newspapers more so than the cable news channels. The cable news networks actually do frighteningly little footwork and investigating. When was the last time a cable news channel broke a story besides the level of the hurricane flood waters around the reporters ankles? They might bring you pictures and live feeds but there’s usually an AP story out about it 2 days before.

No, I don’t watch Fox News because it’s awful. It’s like watching a trashy tabloid in televised form. And no, CNN isn’t a lot better these days. Somewhat better, but not a lot.

I would. It’s ridiculous to think that somebody at such a high level professional job would be either such a moron or such a slavering partisan that they’d get fired and blacklisted for the questionable insult of having an X briefly appear over the vice president’s face. Come on, Jeff, it’s a ridiculous idea.

Yeah, if you’re gonna do that, at least go the Charles Manson route and turn the X into a swastika.

sploid.

I will say one good thing about FOX. If I want to see what’s going on in the world and CNN or MSNBC are busy doing schlocky infotainment bullshit (Larry King is going to hell as is anyone involved with “People: In The News”), odds are disturbingly good there will be some real coverage over at FOX. The problem comes when one of their vat-people starts offering up insightful commentary. That’s when I give up and hit Comedy Central, The Cartoon Network or G4. Because, well, fuck it.

Um…that just looks like a test frame for setting up your mattes, which CNN uses constantly. It was prolly a matte left active on the switcher that kept bleeding through. Funny though. gotta love live TV.