Co-op with friends makes every game better?

That’s why I love Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime

Chick + McMaster Clandestine co-op stream?

So I finally got around playing Borderlands yesterday, online with my sister. And it was so much fun.
I’ve written this game off earlier because I didn’t enjoy it alone, and I hated the split screen couch co-op.
But online was great!

Except Diablo III - could you throw in some tips on other good games that are fun to play online (PS4), and that preferably let’s you play the story together, not just a mindless shooting spree?
No zombies allowed.

Just finished Divinity Original Sin 2 with 3 people coop. With my 2 buddies we also play a lot of action RPG like Diablo 3, Path of Exile and Grim Dawn. Thinking about tackling Baldur’s Gate 2 but a little worried there will be too much dialog. Is there a lot more than DOS2? What other games do you think would work well for 3 people coop, RPG or otherwise.

Divinity is awesome, especially 2, for coop. Monster Hunter is turning out to be a lot of fun; it’s a bit of an acquired taste. Magicka is fun, if you don’t mind yelling at each other a bit, all in good fun.

Some great suggestions upthread, if you haven’t read all the old posts. I’ll second Monster Hunter, Helldivers and Vermintide, though. I’ve had some great fun playing all those games with friends in a 3-4 player group.

Ladies and gentlemen, I nominate Sea of Thieves for this thread.

It’s a fine nomination!

Well, how times can change. I’ve never been good at online multiplayers, since I’ve never had many friends who’ve enjoyed the same games as me, let alone find the time to be on at the same times.
Then came the big C and shut everyone’s lives down. Suddenly, I realized I had a friend in another country whom I haven’t spoken to in years, and we found we enjoy the same types of games.

The last 2 months, we’ve been “meeting up” almost every night and spent som really fun hours with a load of good co-op games, and I’m hungry for more.

Based on what we’ve been playing, and what we don’t want to play, I’d love some recommendations!
We’re playing on PS5 / PS4 Pro.

We don’t want to play PVP games, but PVE games. We can muster up 1-2 more players for some games if best enjoyed by more than 2.
Coming releases are also welcome suggestions.

We’ve played and enjoyed:
Ghost of Tsushima - Legends
The Division 2 (both of us have earlier played 1)
Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
Ghost Recon: Wildlands
Anthem
Monster Hunter: World
Remnant from the Ashes
Diablo III
Outriders (tried the demo, had fun with it, but won’t buy until it’s on discount)

Don’t want to play:
Overcooked
Destiny 2 (we’re waiting for my friend to get a hold of a PS5 before doing this)
Elder Scrolls (believe me, I’ve tried to convince him)
Rocket league

I’ve earlier banned zombie games, but since I actually managed to play Remnant, I feel like I could give a (good) zombie game a try.

I’m obsessed with Nioh 2 and have been playing it co-op with a friend of mine the past few weeks. It’s PVE-only, has great combat, and a fun loot chase.

You might try Vermintide/Vermintide 2. They are more fun with a full party of 4 players, but they are perfectly playable with 2, since the other two slots will get populated with bots.

In a similar vein, my husband and I just played a bunch of Deep Rock Galactic last weekend while it was free, and it was pretty good fun as well. Again, you can play up to four players, but we played just the two of us (no bots) and it was fun.