CoD: Warzone

I played a few solo rounds last night and really enjoyed it. I think they nailed the island setting, and a lot of the ambient noises (fighting off in the distance, planes strafing, insects buzzing) were impressive. I spent most of the time wandering around aimlessly and didn’t get my first kill until my third game.

The only solo option available to me was Vanguard Royale, which restricted modern guns. Every time I snagged a loadout it subbed in what seemed to be a random Vanguard weapon, and items such as the heartbeat monitor and semtex weren’t available to me. I had to play with ground loot until I leveled up a bit, but even then I’m still only able to play with Vanguard weapons. I’m normally a sniper/smg guy, but the sniper ground loot was not impressive. Really digging the Automaton, though, and actually wound up getting a dub with it last night.

Automaton when leveled is a beamer. I’m still partial to the StG44 as my AR though. As for snipers, keep an eye out for the ground loot Gorenko AT Rifle. That thing slaps. Any KaR98k will always be a good time. I did ok with a 3-Line ground loot as well, but the Gorenko seemed like the way.

Also, highly recommend the BAR as ground loot. There’s one with a 3x or so scope on it that I use in the video above. Definitely an excellent choice.

My biggest negative so far is that everything has to be silenced again. The KaR98k is one of the absolute best sounding guns in the entire game… if it has no silencer. As soon as you put that on it’s like hitting a pillow. It takes all the fun out of it IMO.

I’d love to see a LTM that forced you to use unsilenced weapons.

Have they fixed the hacking? It was terrible when i played over summer, i swore i was done with warzone. And this was on both console and PC. But then again, the hacking issue is not only with Warzone, I already see it in BF2042, and maybe a few times seemed to be in even Halo Inf.

Their new Ricochet anti-cheat is being rolled out now. It was being implemented in Asia first and then we’ll all get it over here. I did not see anyone in the few games I was able to play on Wednesday night, but ultimately cheating should become much less prominent if not be eradicated. They’re doing the same sort of anti-cheat that Valorant has which seems to work.

thank you, that got a laugh outa me

Yah, this is what i meant - you need to create vanguard loadouts to use with the vanguard royale, and the regular royale uses your regular loadouts. Both use the same loadout list, so dont pick the wrong thing or you’ll get default weaponry. It’s not even like i use more than 3 loadouts, its more the way its organized - i’d like it more if you just input 5 loadouts for each mode and then it referenced the right one depending on which game you played.

I’ll give it another go tonite, and probably have a few pints before hand, that should make it better…

Definitely play around with those gas cans. I blew some dude up after throwing it across the room at him and shooting it at his feet. That’s a gd good time!

Got our first win on Caldera tonight. Loadout for me was a KaR98k and a Type 100. The Type 100 shreds in close quarters. I’m using the incendiary bullets for extra damage. Our fight ended on one of the beach landing locations so there was tons of trenches and cover to use and I just slowly and methodically worked my way through. Respawned both my teammates at the last remaining buy station and we smoked out the last guys for the dub.

Unfortunately the cameras were not rolling for this one. It was definitely a good round though. 7, 6, and 4 were the kill counts. Stats here…

They’ve got Caldera stats separated out now which is nice. The dub rolled into the grand total though which I also appreciate. Enjoying this map more and more as I play. Haven’t even tried using all the old gear on it yet.

Played this for the first time in like a year with my friend last night. We were predictably awful but we had fun.

What’s the deal with the new guns? Can I not level up guns if I didn’t buy the game they came with? I have Black Ops on disc (I know, my mom got it for me for christmas last year), how do I associate that purchase with my Warzone account?

Guns will level up as you play no matter if you own any of the games or not. In Warzone, the easiest way to level guns is to play Plunder, run contracts, kill some dudes, run contracts, collect money, and run contracts. Just make sure you have the gun you want to level up in your hand.

It’s easier to level up weapons in the yearly releases than it is in Warzone alone.

If you own Cold War, then you can play Cold War multiplayer to level up those weapons. You can only use those in the standard Battle Royale mode though and not in Vanguard Royale which is all specifically Vanguard gear.

What platform are you on? You should see a menu with the last three games and Warzone to choose from if you’re on console when you start up any of the games including Warzone.

Finally, if you are going to attempt to level Vanguard weapons, I recommend the Cooper Carbine once you unlock it via the Battle Pass. Before that, use the Automaton for an AR, the Type 100 or MP40 for an SMG, and whatever sniper rifle you like although the KaR98k is probably the best one. Those are some of the best Vanguard guns right now.

I just read an article that they disabled weapon XP gains in Plunder last night to stop an exploit so I think that was my issue. I play on Xbox.

Traditional CoD multiplayer legit turns me into a horrible human being and I hate the person I become when I play it. It’s toxic as fuck. So I’ll pass on that.

You mean like last night when I said “Take that, bitches!” because I killed the last four guys by myself in Search & Destroy? :)

If it’s chat, you can always mute everything and just play ShipHaus to quickly level stuff up.

But yeah, that sounds like you got caught up in that weapon XP thing. I didn’t know that was an issue. I typically only play Vanguard Royale right now and BR in general.

It’s not the chat. I personally become a monster. My ex wife told me like 10 years ago during the MW2 days, “You are an ugly person when you play this game.” Warzone is more my jam, the bullshit is limited to once per match, you’re not spawning in and getting shot in the back repeatedly.

Why did I reinstall this game lol

You know it’s a game, right? lol!

Maybe just try to look for what you could have done better instead of thinking the game or the other players somehow created “bullshit”?

The first thing I do when I’m dead in this (and multiplayer, although sometimes I die a bunch before I get back to being better…) is to think about that situation and what I could’ve done to avoid dying. Did we rush in too hard? Did we approach poorly? Did they have the better position and weapons? Were we totally surprised and should have been more aware of surroundings? Usually one or all of those is to blame and I get better because of it.

Even the spawns… I know people lose their minds over that stuff, but it’s not something you can change. It also isn’t ever as bad as people think it is tbh. It’s easy to figure this out because there are almost always players better than you in a round. How are they better if the spawns all suck? That’s where I look in the mirror at my own play and think about how I can play differently.

I routinely do well now in the multiplayer and Warzone. I’m sure that helps when it comes to being more positive while playing, but I used to be middling at best, and when I got upset I just played worse.

Anyway, that’s my pep talk for Thursday. You got this!

Lol yes I know but this game induces rage in me. Maybe I need to get high before I play.

lol, god how i love listening to the rage for that half sec when someone dies. It’s honestly one of the best features of the game

I miss it in every other game. The rage. The disgust. The lament. The resignation to failure. So damn much fun to listen to. The best are the people who say they’re done for the night. You made them quit the game! Lol!

I think the best are the ones screaming at their team-mates: WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU? I also get a surprising amount of spanish, which is helping me learn all about my padre and madre…

Haha! Yes! Lots of spanish speakers. I know enough to get the gist of what’s being said, especially when I get placed with randoms that think I don’t know what they’re saying. Those are fun times. ;)

Last night I heard my first French speaking dude in death chat. Wasn’t sure what he said, though.

“He’s right fucking here!” is one of my favorites. :)

I’m probably the only one playing on PlayStation 5, but we figured out last night that the texture downloading the game does now is what’s causing a lot of problems with the rendering in Warzone.

We just turned it off entirely (which does make it look like a PS4 game) but that fixed the issues. This move to Caldera was not tested well on PS5 at all and Sony has to be kind of ticked about that, or I would hope so anyway, as they partner hard on CoD with Activision.

I’ll play on PC as much as I can while this gets sorted out, but it’s pretty crappy. My CoD points are on PS5 mostly.

So I’m trying to get into warzone. Took me an hour or so to get my activision and blizzard account stuff straight on my Xbox. Basically starting over with a new account. Fine. But I’m sitting here for over 5 minutes waiting for a game. I’m trying BR Solo with I assume is basic Battle Royals Solo. How can I not find a match almost immediately? I’m even crossplay from my Xbox. Ugh