CoD: Warzone

I came close last night as a SOLO. I died right before they closed the Gulag, parachuted down super slowly and hit the small circle behind a container, kind of hiding…got down to 3 teams with 5 people left…tried a kamakazi tactic since the damn circle was so small…did not work…got pelted from 2 sides. Fun though.

Ha! That’s awesome. I’ve been second twice in Solos now and been top five a lot in the standard mode. I just couldn’t quite get the win each time. Things really played out nicely for me at the end of this one. So many small events that played in my favor. Being able to self-revive was the first one and it all snowballs from there. The only downside was after eight kills I couldn’t get the last one. Still awesome though!

I’ll tell you what, playing solo is insanely tense. My heart has leaped out of my chest a number of times already being surprised by people. You really can’t beat human opponents for some really amazing choices you’d never see a computer opponent make. I love the unpredictability of Battle Royale especially, and specifically because you can also be creative like your competitors.

I’m moxtly just having fun with the RPG7 and cackling loudly.

Twins!

Triplets!

It’s a very fun casual shooter.

I haven’t played a lot, but the map is mostly great with a few issues. There are some really egregious open areas totally void of cover that are kind of awful and rooftop access is far too powerful, but overall it’s really well done.

The biggest issue to me is the severe lack of clarity across the board. Which is not the end of the world in a clearly casual mode, but can be irritating. That applies to the sound mix and the visuals both being poorly balanced.

Basically I could play this muted and not feel like it’s much worse than having sound since footsteps are horrible, there’s an ability to sprint completely silently and there’s constant ambient noise, airstrikes and vehicles just drowning the mix constantly anyway. It’s fairly fatiguing and serves to cloud decision making.

Along with that depending on the operator and the location it can be difficult to actually spot people. The movement is fast and all the above distraction makes it harder still.

The skins also make it hard to know what gun you just picked up if you are not familiar with all of them since it has the blueprint name instead of the gun name and a completely unhelpful “marksman C” or similar instead of damn gun name.

But nitpicking aside, it’s easy to get into, it’s got a fairly quick pace and it’s just silly fun like an objectively dumb summer popcorn movie.

Warts and all it’s a great time waster that’s very good for just hopping in and goofing around. So while I hope they address some of the issues, it’s still a lot better than Blackout was and I’m glad it’s around.

Edit - And the larger vehicles are far too good. When combined with the occasional bad map spots that are wide open it turns into GTA and it’s a hot mess.

I clipped @Jason_McMaster and @Lenkenobi and I winning Warzone last night on Jason’s first game ever. Colors are a little funky because I’m on PlayStation Pro with HDR enabled. Sound is also out of sync for some reason but isn’t while I’m playing.

I’ve been playing quite a bit of this, and it’s fun enough (although I prefer Hunt and probably even PUBG for pace; this one reminds me more of Apex, and I do not like Apex), but it’s also the biggest pile of shit code I’ve played in a long, long time. Just crashes constantly, and I’ve seen many similar complaints. If my buddy was not inexplicably head over heels for this one I would have uninstalled by now.

I haven’t jumped into Warzone yet, but it crashes for me in Ground War, local bot matches, and even just being in the mp lobby. At the moment there is a server queue just to get in to the game.

Oh man, I fucking hate how they make you sit through the interminable xp counting before showing you the scoreboard at the end of a round, uuuuugh.

I don’t think I’ll play more. This after my only solo game:

It kinda sucks that it doesn’t differentiate between solo and squad games.

It’s weird that I have two downs though, since you get insta-kills in solos?

Perhaps they had self revive.

Still having a ton of crashing. I think their latest patch actually made it worse, after the previous one had seemed to have eliminated it. Ugh. I’ve tried so many solutions from the internet. Latest thing I did was disable Windows Defender real-time protection after seeing it crop up a lot in the event logs. I was able to play a game after I did that, but that was only one game. We’ll see, I guess. I can’t even remember the last time I had so many fuckin crashes from any piece of software. It’s been years and years. I’ll never spend a single dime on this game! Wish my buddy wasn’t so enamored with it.

I’ve done all sorts of things. Roll back nvidia drivers to earlier versions, clean install of nvidia drivers. Re-installing the shader caches, and re-installing CoD itself. Lowering settings. Nothing seems to stop it from randomly dying on me. So I guess I will just shoot people in Battlefield for the time being. Even with it constantly dying, with the xp boost I still went from level 1 to 17 over the weekend just from the short time I played.

New season is out … and still crashes.

What’s the difference between the season pass and the season pass bundle, just the 20 tiers instantly unlocked with the latter?

There is no difference because I’m not buying either of them.

On the crashes I’m going to be that guy who comes up with a stupid suggestion that couldn’t possibly fix the issue because it’s so dumb, but… It Worked For Me™.

I have found that the game will randomly reset itself to borderless window at 66% render between restarts and even sometimes between rounds while I still have the game running. I have to set that back to fullscreen and set the render percentage back to 100% and then I’m fine.

One time before I found what was causing my issue I kept track and I crashed in seventeen straight rounds. If I start a round and forget to make that change then the game will 100% crash at some point in the first five minutes. It’s 100% reproducible for me.

So… sorry if you’ve tried that, or if that isn’t what’s happening with your machine, I just mention it because IWFM.

Bizarre, I have not heard that. I mean, is it noticeable that it’s doing this? I haven’t noticed anything, but maybe I’m just not being observant enough.

The crashing was noticeable and especially fun, because it doesn’t even crash to a pop up or freeze, it crashes like someone opened Task Manager and took Warzone behind the woodshed. You go from playing to looking at the desktop in a fingersnap.

There was a thread about crashing on the subreddit with lots of different ideas and I tried all of them, from turning all the settings way down, to starting the game, hitting Alt Tab and then renaming the .exe.

That was when I noticed the game was constantly resetting to bordeless window and 66% render. I changed those more out of annoyance than expecting it to fix anything and… it worked.

The most annoying thing about it is between rounds I have to drop out of the lobby to make sure those settings didn’t change because if the next round starts and the game has gone back to borderless/66% then it’s 100% guaranteed to crash.

I’ve noticed the change to borderless and render as well, but it doesn’t happen often and has no visible impact except of course framerates and image clarity.

I was hoping for a real answer, but I guess people here aren’t actually playing this game?