Colbert is just killing it these days on the Late Show

Yeah, I like Sam Bee, but hers is a weekly show, and I never know when to go seek it out. So I only watch it if it comes to me. Every month or so, I get a youtube notification on my phone, so I watch her then. But surely she does more than one show a month? How come subscribing to Tom’s channel means I always get a notification every Mon, Wed and Fri that Tom is streaming, but I only Sam Bee’s notification every once a blue moon.

Edit: Also, to tell you the truth, the anger turns me off a little bit too.

Bee certainly has a harder edge. And she’s a bit preachy, which is annoying because anyone watching her show is clearly already 100% agreeing with her stances. It’s not like the Knights of Europa Freedom have it on in the background. Nobody watches the other side’s partisan media.

I’ve enjoyed Bee when I’ve caught her show, but since it’s on in the 10 to 11 o’clock slot*, it often conflicts with another show I want to record on the DVR (which is an aging TiVo Premiere with only two tuners). If they did repeats of it like the Daily Show does in the wee hours I’d record it then.
Are the monologues and such on YouTube? I’m less of a fan of the confrontational “person on the street” stuff.

* I realize it’s only a half-hour show.

The whole thing, apart from the very last segment, is on YouTube. If you want the last segment you have to go to her website.

Every Wednesday night.

-Tom

I watched Bee before the election but tuned out of all the late night shows right after Trump won, just couldn’t stand to make light of it. Maybe I’ll check it out again.

I did not know about Bee, and sadly don’t know when she or Conan are even on. :(

But if it’s prime time then I am probably away from the TV.

The show actually puts her segments on Youtube the next day, so you can stream at your leisure (they’re broken up into 4-7 minute bits, at points which would otherwise be commercial breaks). That’s how I watch it, fwiw.

Nice, thanks.

OK, around the 8 minute mark here, Colbert is possibly the luckiest bastard alive: https://youtu.be/AqJVIM8vmBM

You can deep link to a time in youtube, just copy out the link like so

Thanks. BTW, if you watched, you can see why a guy would be envious of Colbert in that situation.

Yes, we get it.

Especially funny part from last night’s opening monologue: https://youtu.be/asud3udH6Hk?t=10m10s

Earlier in the thread we were talking about various other comedians in this genre of informative comedy. One more I’d like to add to that list is Wyatt Cenac’s Problem Areas. I’ve enjoyed the first 3 episodes so far.

He spends the top of the show usually talking about a different issue for each week, and then the rest of the show is dedicated to talking about the black community’s relationship with the Police.

He has a lot of different voices on the show, and it makes for an interesting discussion. His set kind of reminds me of the art style from Legion.

Really wanting to watch this but it appears to be the rare HBO show that isn’t available on NowTV in the UK. Hopefully it’ll turn up a few months down the line, but I doubt it. It seems with some of the non-fiction shows on HBO and Comedy Central they decide it’s just too US oriented and don’t bother.

In January, Conan will shift to a half-hour format with more travel, more on-line presence and fewer celebrity interview. I think that’s a good thing, because interviewing was always the weakest part of his game.

Sounds like he should just start a Twitch IRL channel.

No doubt. Carson’s shadow looms so damn large, I guess it’s not surprising people are so reluctant to diverge from the format. But there are real benefits…

Conan’s video game segments are kind of painful to watch. It doesn’t help that I’m not interested in most of the games he plays. (I would watch him play X-COM: UFO Defense.)