Colbert is just killing it these days on the Late Show

I’m not interested in those games either, which makes those segments event funnier.

I don’t know, it was pretty great when he grabbed the Square PR person during the FFXV video and yelled “Why is this a game?”

This is pretty high praise imho (at the end he mentions Colbert).

Man, now I want to resub to cable just to get that channel that shows all of Dick Cavett’s shows. I’ve only seen a few but they were always great.

I love Dick Cavett, but you can’t compare then and now. Back then there were only 1 or 2 hosts to even interview celebs. Now actors/actresses are sent on grueling publicity tours where they have to get interviewed by a bajillion people and they just get burned out. Often when they plug their movie then dash, it’s literally because they’ve been booked for 4 or 5 interviews that day and they don’t have the time even if they wanted to stick around.

Sadly they just canceled The Opposition with Jordan Klepper, which I strongly preferred to the latest incarnation of The Daily Show.

Comedy Central’s explanation makes sense; they anticipated the external fringe like Alex Jones and Breitbart were going to have extreme influence on national discourse, but it turns out they were largely ineffectual, with Fox News remaining on top and of course the administration itself pulling the crazy strings. I still think the show was excellent and would have found its ratings if they let it grow.

Anyway, they immediately signed Klepper and his production team to a new weekly show that will feature him out in the field traveling around for every episode.

That sucks to hear, though I wasn’t a regular watcher.

Great conversation with Colbert about his show and Trump and stuff

That was great. “We were ready for that night in every way but what happened.”

Sharp dude. Thanks for the vid!

tumblr_m3mulenKRc1r7nc1uo6_250

I love those two.

This is hilarious, not sure when it airs

It aired last Friday :-)

That is adorable!

But frankly, I wouldn’t have it play out any other way. I’d prefer that my Supreme Court justices reserve valuable brain space for things other than the lyrics to songs written for comedies in the 1980s. And, really, the kind of work it takes to get where she is means she probably doesn’t get to enjoy a lot of pop culture.

-Tom

And beer, don’t forget beer.

I haven’t watched Colbert in a long time. I haven’t watched the Late Show in an even longer time. I’m not in front of the TV at 11:30, and I don’t spend a lot of time on YouTube either.

:(

I’ll put this here since I’m feeling particularly insouciant today. An amazingly intimate moment between these famous peeps: