College Football 2016

63-10 now in the 4th quarter. I cannot even process that.

Boy, it’s fun to watch these upset blowouts. Most blowouts are boring, but Louisville just kept pouring it on all the way to 60+ points. They finally put in the backups in the 4th quarter, but up until then it was fun all the way. And watching Florida State lose is always amusing.

Wow, Nebraska snuck by Oregon in a crazy game. Not just a tight game, but one where both coaches had a weird aversion to kicking. There were numerous attempts by both teams to go for it on fourth in situations where conventional wisdom called for a punt. Oregon also went for a lot of two points conversions, missing several, and the lack of those points in a game with a final score that close . . . well . . . it arguably cost them the game.

yes, that Nebraska / Oregon game was crazy. I think the turning point was the end of the 1st half where the Ducks decided to try & score by passing, thereby not taking anytime off the clock. Nebraska comes back & scores, then two more scores to start the 3rd period. Had the ducks just ran on the ground, they could have went into the locker room ahead by 14.

Some poor calls by the officials (the illegal substitution in the 3rd should have not been called - in fact the play should have been done over b/c the officials didn’t sit on the ball while Nebraska substituted & didn’t allow Oregon to.

Still, good game to watch.

I watched the Louisville game last week and their quarterback is crazy talented. I’m not that surprised by this outcome.

I’m really sad I forgot to set a recording for the game. Sounds like it was a great contest. Good for Mike Riley and Nebraska getting the win.

I just reviewed the general stats because I didn’t trust my memory and sure enough, Oregon went for 2 every single time. That cost them the game.

Not sure if that’s just what they always do, or they tried once, failed and kept doing to make up the points.

Three games into the season we have the undisputed catch of the year:

Mmmmm… There’s no disputing that Saban is No. 1, but Urban Meyer just might be No. 1A.

A short digression to NCAA track news: Cal and Texas held a dual meet, with the competitors required to wear heavy clothing and funny hats in a vain attempt to slow them down a bit. Cal accumulated enough points in the early events, and thus survived a near-catastrophic drop of the baton in the closing relay.

Actually, they succeeded on their first conversion, probably giving them false hope they could pull it off more often than not (no one expected it the first time). The next three attempts didn’t go so well, and they didn’t even try to hide the fact they were going for it.

David Shaw at Stanford is pretty amazing too,without anywhere near the number of 4-5 star recruits those guys get. D’Antonio is something special too.

[quote=“Brad_Grenz, post:66, topic:78453, full:true”]
I watched the Louisville game last week and their quarterback is crazy talented. I’m not that surprised by this outcome.[/quote]

Lamar Jackson is playing out of his mind right now and putting up Heisman numbers. Cardinals fans have to be loving it, as they knew he was good coming in, but probably never believed he could look that good that soon. Over three games Louisville has scored 70, 62 and 63 points. Those are ridiculous numbers. A quick glance at their remaining schedule shows only two more games that could be challenging to them, two weeks from now at Clemson and Nov. 17th at Houston.

A win at Clemson, who will likely be undefeated coming into the matchup but have close calls to both Auburn (@ Auburn) and Troy (@ Clemson) on their record and are thus vulnerable, would pretty much cement Louisville into the ACC title game and a spot in the championship playoffs.

As a Cincinnati Bearcat I’ve spent years following Louisville as up until two seasons ago we were always in the same conferences. It’s great to see them finding success so quickly in the ACC, and I’m totally on their bandwagon this season. I’m kind of hoping they lay out a blueprint my own Bearcats can follow should they get invited to join the Big 12 sometime soon…

If Louisville beats Clemson, I think the winner of this game goes to the Playoffs, and has a good chance of winning it all.

Louisville just absolutely DESTROYED FSU.

Holy crap. Would love to see Louisville vs Alabama

Well, before then you’ll get Louisville @ Clemson in 2 weeks, and Louisville @ Houston in November… plus the ACC Championship, so I wouldn’t fret much… they also have a road trip to BC, who can play some defense apparently…

Kinda like the old Stanford band used to do. Too bad for Baylor and their fans if they can’t handle their own idiocy.

And besides, there is no way Rice can win the football game.

At 14-14, FSU and USF are on a pace to finish in a tie. A 168-168 tie…

Norte Dame lost again. A good day for football.

This LSU-Auburn ending was hilarious