College Football 2016

Then you aren’t paying attention. Colorado and Washington state are playing really well, and Stanford was down 5 starters for their losses. I actually expect Washington state to beat UW, the way they are playing. Not sure if they can win at Colorado this weekend tho.

Louisville @ Houston tonight should be fun…

What’s the over/under…85?

31-0, Houston right now. 2 minutes left in the half.

Is that 85 just for Houston alone?

And Lousiville is out of the playoff picture.

36-10. The Heisman favorite got shut down, and he fumbled a lot when he wasn’t getting shut down.

Man I hope UT fires Strong and hires Herman.

I hope you don’t do either of those things. We play you next year.

Ha! I feel like pretty much everyone that isn’t a Texas fan feels the same way. Rewind to Herbstreit calling Austin a cesspool for wanting to fire Strong. Would the Ohio State fan base put up with 6-7, 5-7 and 5-5 and counting? Fuck no they wouldn’t.

Does Charlie Strong still have a job when they get off the bus in Texas (bonus question: do they let him on the bus?), or do they wait one more week to let him go?

Forget Strong, Cliff Kingsbury is a dead man walking. He probably called his wife and told her to start packing. Texas Tech loses the last two games against good teams on the last play (more or less), only to completely collapse to a non-existent Iowa State team today 10-66.

Yeah, went to Tech during the Dykes years and followed them thru the Pirate years. While they’re never gonna be constantly as strong as Texas or even A&M, they were always average to above average at worst with occasional breakout years where they’d knock off a good Texas team or whoever and win 8 or 9 games. But Kingsbury has them playing some simply horrible football at times, even on offense (see today). They’ve regressed under Kingsbury and I can’t see any reason to think he can turn it around with time.

My Western Michigan Broncos ( I can say that, Im an alumni!), won their 11th game this season 38-0. The university was hoppin this weekend with Gameday in town. Very exciting times for the Broncos but the works not done yet. They will likely play in the Cotton Bowl on New Years day, if they can beat Toledo next week and win the MAC Championship.

I would love to see their excellent head coach P.J. Fleck, stick around but its starting to look like this will be his last season with WMU. He is on the list of hot new coaches and his name is already being tossed around in the power 5 conferences. Not surprising as he took an 1-11 team in 2013 to 11-0 this season. With several positions at majors school likely to open up, someone is going to make a run at him. Right now he is the highest paid coach in the MAC at $800K/year, which is more than I thought he made. So a school is going to have to pay him well to get him to move, I would imagine. Still, someone will likely cough up the money.

It’s looking like we are gonna let him coach until the season ends, which is next Friday with TCU visiting us. I imagine he will be cut the day after. I think we’ll grab Herman. We do have an AD issue though. As in, we need an AD. If I am Herman and considering potential jobs, I’d very much like to know who my boss is. And right now Texas can not answer that question.

Ohio State barely survives against Michigan State. I still don’t understand why Michigan State went for 2 after that last touchdown.

Even if they had made it, all Ohio State had to do was get into FG range. And they had plenty of time.

Tie the damn game and try to take into OT if you have to. They were doing a bang-up job of stopping Ohio State for the most part.

Will the committee punish Ohio State? Michigan State has a terrible record this year.

Mich St. season is basically over anyways so I guess he’s like screw it go for the win. If they had a winning record with a chance for a good bowl he goes for one to get to OT.

After this game I’m sure its guaranteed now.

This is hard to watch.

Even if they kicked the extra point, all Ohio State had to do was get into field goal range. And they had plenty of time… on a cold snowy day with winds gusting from 20-35 mph. With their season already in the tank, they had everything to gain and nothing to lose by going for it. I have absolutely no problem with that choice.

I don’t necessarily have a problem with MSU going for two, but I have a HUGE problem with the play they called for it. Their running attack had been working for them just fine, whereas their passing attack had sucked ass all day. That kid is just not a passing QB. And then to throw over the middle into double-coverage? WTF don’t you run play action, with a trailing back, so you have more options?