College Football 2016

Now that I agree with. Liked the choice to go for it, hated the play call.

If the QB throw it outside and not in I think that would have been caught

I sure hope so. But after the shit show over the weekend, and Strong’s press conference Monday I am not so sure. We have a very weak AD and a clueless President.

I’m torn. Texas can’t lose to Kansas. He’s had three years now and we’re not winning more games. But the games this year have been really close, and I really like the type of coach he is - not afraid to make rules and enforce decent behavior from these very young men. He is a solid recruiter. And I just like the guy. I think he could have a breakout year next year… or not. Really torn over this one.

Yeah. He is a likable guy. And his players love him. But the thing is, he is objectively the worst coach in UT history. He is sitting at 16-20. Only one other UT coach has finished below .500 and that guy was coaching in the 30s, and Strong is worse than him.

Since 2014, when Strong took the job, of the 6 Texas FBS schools Texas is tied with Rice for the worst record, both at 16-20.

Strong has to go.

Reports now are that Fisher has decided to stay at FSU and LSU is after Herman.

Yeah I had no doubt that Jimbo was gonna stay at FSU. Moving to LSU is a lateral move at best and he has some personal life stuff that would tend to keep him at FSU.

I saw the Herman to LSU stuff on the ticker tonight watching LSU@atm. Alarming as a Texas fan, but then they were a little backed off later in the broadcast. I think that was Herman’s agent trying to get his salary bid up, and it probably worked.

Yeah, I always thought that all the ‘Jimbo Fisher to LSU’ buzz was from a completely unwarranted sense of entitlement on the part of LSU, that they could hire him whenever their job was open.

Frankly, it really doesn’t make sense for most schools to break the bank as long as Saban is at Tuscaloosa. But Sabam is 65. When does he hang them up?

It does look like Herman will be the beneficiary of a bidding war if Texas decides to make a move because according to ESPN today “The LSU Tigers have zeroed in on Houston’s Tom Herman as their next head coach and could have a deal in place as early as Saturday”
Im guessing that Texas had better get off their butts soon or Herman will be gone. But hey, if they dont get in on Herman, I hear Les Miles is available!

I hate that it’s ok for teams to meet with other coaches in the middle of the season and try to woo them away. Extremely unfair to the players and the program to have a coach whose focus isn’t 100% on their team. On the other hand, if I’m Tom Herman with Houston boosters saying that money isn’t an object to keep him… maybe take a look at how coaches are treated at those other schools and use this opportunity to build a sustained successful program at Houston.

Yea people forget Strong came from a successful run at I think it was Louisville. It’s hard to say no,to the really big bucks and glamour of a ‘Power 5’ school but the pressure to win also ratchets up big time.

Great day for Western Michigan. They closed out the regular season with a win against Toledo, a very tough opponent. That capped off a perfect 12-0 season. They won 55-35 but it wasnt even that close, really. Their excellent wide receiver Corey Davis, set the NCAA career receiving record. He also scored his nation leading 16th TD today. As far as the bowl picture, things got much clearer for WMU with both Boise State and Houston losing today. If they win the MAC championship game, they should be a lock for the Cotton Bowl. It’s all in their hands now.

Well it looks like LSU has decided to not go after Herman after all. They just took the interim tag off Coach Orgeron, so it looks like Texas is now wide open to go for Herman, especially since they just officially fired Strong.

Widely reported across the Interwebs, so presumably the real deal.

OSU should be ahead, despite their offense looking absolutely terrible, but their super-reliable senior kicker has the yips today.

And what had been a fairly dull OSU-Mich game has turned into a darn exciting finish - with OSU winning in 2 OTs.

Good job, Michigan offense. You successfully lost that game. Gave OSU 14 points off two interceptions, failed to keep the ball when you had the lead late in the 4th, and couldn’t keep up in OT. The defense did its job, but the offense was terrible for the majority of the game.

Yeah, those turnovers…

Exactly my thoughts about Ohio State. Barrett did not look good but the defense bailed him out.