College Football 2017

Heh, sure is possible. I grew up and went to undergrad in the Vince Dooley era, where he and coaches like Bear Bryant stayed at schools until they left feet first essentially. Now, it’s as bad as the NBA.

Back then coaches were generally paid in the 3-500k range and the school branding was the primary factor to get coaches in.

Now it’s all about the $$$

Ohio State looks to be the fav after they took down Penn State!

So the first College Playoff Poll has …

1. Georgia
  2. Alabama
  3. Notre Dame
  4. Clemson
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Ohio State

Could you imagine a playoff with only 2 of the power 5 conferences represented? Of course Georgia and Alabama will play each other but if that game is close…?

Of the top 4 I think you can say only Alabama hasn’t earned their spot this year. They are in based on their history.

In a home game? Nope, let’s see them win a big game on the road. PSU wins that game on a neutral field or in State College.

Bah! Ohio State wins that game by at least two touchdowns if the don’t keep stumbling over themselves.

big if, based on the loss last year ;)

The same could be said regarding Penn State as well and it would carry almost as much basis in reality, which is none. Still there is at least some basis for Penn State’s claim, after all they beat OSU under the conditions you that insist OSU would thump them under. I really hate the use of the “if they didn’t do this” rationale in sports, it is fan based revisionistic ignorance at its finest.

If NC State wins the ACC (would just have to beat Clemson at home and the title game) and Notre Dame wins out 2 conferences will get left out.

Maybe still 3 conferences left out because that would probably take the ACC out and put the Big12 or Big10 winners in, assuming of course Georgia and Alabama both end up in.

I don’t recall Ohio State and Penn State playing on a neutral field and I don’t see what relevance last year has to this year. In any case, I was pointing out that Ohio State dominated this year’s game and the only reason they didn’t win by more was their own unforced errors.

And yet they dominated last year’s game, but lost due to unforced errors in Happy Valley. Homefield does make a difference.

I wouldn’t call a blocked field goal an unforced error.

What the hell Buckeyes?! 😧

It was glorious.

heretic001

The Big 10 are doing a great job of beating one another up such that none of them are likely to make the playoff. Wisconsin is pretty much the only hope left, and there’s a decent chance they’ll lose the conference championship game leaving no one in the top 4.

And Wisconsin has an uphill climb as it is, as they are 9-0 and still getting snubbed in the polls. Part of that is due to the imbalance in the Big Ten’s conferences. The East is way more stacked than the West as they have MIchigan, OSU, Michigan State and Penn State all in the East. Wisconsin has no real competition in their conference and it has hurt their strength of schedule badly.

Life on the road is hard.

They also played a crappy non conference schedule. UCF has arguably played a tougher schedule.