Combining the worst of Mtv, Maxim, Spike TV, VH1, etc

In addition, both “Filter” and “Attack of the Show” will be relaunched in June with a scaled-back focus on technology. Heavier emphasis will be on attitude, humor and a broader range of male-oriented topics.

Dear G4,

Die.

Thanks,
Aszurom

Comcast’s G4, a cable network aimed at young men, has hired Howard SternHoward Stern’s longtime girlfriend, actress Beth Ostrosky, to host irreverent countdown series “Filter” and recruited Fox Sports correspondent Olivia Munn to co-host pop culture news show "Attack of the Show."Hires are part of the channel’s evolution away from videogames into broader-based fare for guys.
G4 president Neal Tiles also has named Laurie Finn to head up talent, which Tiles said will become increasingly important to the network.
“As we move forward, part of our appeal to young guys will be our live-event programming, in addition to our studio-based shows,” Tiles said. “Laurie will help bring us big names as we establish ourselves in the space” through coverage of events like E3 and Comic-Con.
Tiles previously worked with Finn when he was exec VP of marketing at DirecTV and Finn produced a news show for the satcaster.
One of Finn’s priorities will be to scout people to profile when “Icons” relaunches this summer. The “Biography”-style skeinskein has been revamped to focus on figures that appeal to young men, including J.J. Abrams and Bryan SingerBryan Singer. She’ll also continue to strengthen the lineup of guests visiting G4’s live, studio-based series.
In addition, both “Filter” and “Attack of the Show” will be relaunched in June with a scaled-back focus on technology. Heavier emphasis will be on attitude, humor and a broader range of male-oriented topics.
Finn will report to senior VP of production John Reiber, who was brought in earlier this year to run programming under Tiles (Daily Variety, Jan. 19).

LOL Beth lands a job.

So this is surprising in any way?

So at what point can we declare G4 legally dead? Also who is J.J. Abrams?

I think G4 's master plan is to show nothing but male oriented shows to turn off all female gamers for some evil purpose. Sigh I really miss TechTv, also is the person running G4 a complete idiot, or just screwed up in the head?

I’d really like to catch old episodes of TOS. But I think they cover the screen with the same stupid garbage they’d put on some Spike TV shows, so I gave up.

J.J. Abrams is the guy behind Alias, Lost, and MI:3. Either that or Spider-Man’s nemesis that is editor in chief of the Daily Bugle, I forget.

TV producer behind Lost and Alias.

Troy

Alright, so what does he have to do with video games?

That’s kinda the whole point of the thread.

I know, forgot to add a little sarcasm mark on the post.

What no more Diane Mizota (or something) on Filter?

/You know, for the longest time, I thought the name of that show was Filler.

I think she got fired or quit a few months ago, I enjoyed the John Walsh segments .

Currently the only shows I watch on G4 are Xplay, Startrek Tng if I’m bored and that’s it.

Oh … I thought it was the kid from Good Times.

As we move forward, part of our appeal to young guys will be our live-event programming, in addition to our studio-based shows

Sounds like they really have a handle on the male market.

Yeah, I hear Noah’s Arcades is going to be sponsoring a show on G4 called “Wayne’s World” or something.

Yeah, G4 has really captured the young male market by it’s new amazing additions of reruns from shows that originally aired 20 and 40 years ago. What The Fuck are they thinking?

Don’t forget Banzai, that has been on just about every channel I think by now.

You don’t understand. They’ve got live-event programming and studio-based shows! They’ve covered every base! Checkmate.

I forget the details, but I believe Howard Stern had FHM editor Jake Bronstein’s balls ripped off for saying something opinionated about Stern’s girlfriend on Attack of the Show.

Is it not raw irony that she’s now one hosts?

They couldn’t possibly make attack of the show worse. Dressing up that little shit kevin periera like blanche from the golden girls and telling him to fake an australian accent would improve the program. Hell AOTS would be more watchable hosted by blanche from the golden girls, BUTT NEKKED, talking about her grandkids.

As long as they don’t mess with xplay, the only remotely watchable original programming on g4, I couldn’t possibly give a shit.

What the g4 suits don’t realize is that their ratings suck because their shows are godawful unwatchable drek, not because they’re about videogames.