Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

So many gorgeous shots in this movie, but none at the required time. This might be on the harder side, but if losing means i get to post more screens from films i like, i really cannot feel bad about it.

The new 20:

Being There?

I love Melvyn Douglas’ line: “Son, you’re a politician!”

It’s not Being There.

I’d guess it’s some kind of Greshem adaption, but I think we did most of those already.

Inner city neighborhood in California (palm-trees in the background). Looks like a 1950’s truck, but still in good shape, probably putting us in the 1960’s, maybe early 1970’s.

Gonna guess Straight Outta Compton.

Lots of good points, but this film does not star Ice Cube’s father.

The 40:

I want to say Crocdile Dundee, but that doesn’t feel quite right.

The 60:

Looks like I’m on track to losing, the 80 probably won’t help:

I feel like I’ve seen this, but I should have remembered it from the 40:40. Not many movies have an upside-down red car.

-Tom

If you’ve seen it , there’s a good chance you’ll get it from the last frame. I’ll post it when the Euro work day is done.

Finally, the 100:

Is that Zabriskie Point? Been awhile since I saw it, but that looks a lot like the girl in it.

You’ve got it @charmtrap, well done. That is indeed Zabriskie Point, which many consider a failure to this day. It’s certainly not the place to look for insight into the student revolt and some elements are dated, but I find Antonioni’s formally experimental take on an alien America utterly fascinating. The screens above are pretty disappointing if you consider the fantastic cinematography in this film. Then there’s the great Pink Floyd soundtrack that reaches its peak in the explosive finale.

Over to you @charmtrap.

!!!

-Tom

Oh my god. There are Pink Floyd songs I’ve never heard? How did that happen? I watched Obscured by Clouds for mercy’s sake! I watched The Body!

I saw it right after being blown away by The Passenger and L’Eclisse. I just remember it being sort of a chore to get through.

Here’s a new 20:

Oh I know this one. No frames ready to offer though, so someone else will have to figure out what movie I endured out of a vague sense of obligation to being informed for awards season.

Lion?