Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

I wish, but Fritz Leiber would never write anything this dull. It’s instead a ploddingly paced 2016 indie with some interesting ideas about witchcraft being a way for women to explore feminist ideals in otherwise patriarchal societies, and an amazing '60s pastiche visual aesthetic, but which manages to still be unwatchable. GREAT movie for the frame game, though.

The Love Witch it is!

And I guess proving once and for all that there’s no accounting for taste, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Obviously it’s not for everyone…it’s a fairly idiosyncratic vision, and often silly and over the top. But it never plodded for me at all.

Holy cats, that color palette! Yikes.

It reminds me of a quote in a movie called The End, a comedy about committing suicide by respected director Burt Reynolds. At one point he tries downing a bunch of different colored pills and spits them all up on the table. He looks at the mess and exclaims, “It looks like Walt Disney threw up!”

-xtien

Okay! The new 20:20!

http://imgur.com/xkS2M6F

I’m gonna guess Adventures of Baron Munchausen, even though that one has already been done.

Incorrect!

The 40:40!

From what I can see of his face, that looks quite a lot like Oliver Reed in Ken Russell’s masterpiece The Devils.

Correct! A vastly superior film about sex, gender politics, institutional misogyny, and witchcraft, I thought, than the Love Witch. Here are the next three frames!

The 60:60…

The (miraculously SFW) 80:80…

And the 100:100…

New 20:

A total shot in the dark, but Seven?

It is not that.

Is it 23?

Tis not 23.

40:40

Event Horizon?

Not Event Horizon.

Here’s a 60

Underworld?

I have no idea where the master list is, so who knows if it’s come up. I’m just excited at the mere possibility that I recognize a movie ;)

Yeah, looks like Underworld, but I thought that one had already been covered by someone else…?

According to the list, no?

Well crud. I honestly expected to be wrong since it was already picked. But it’s not. Y’all watch too many movies so that I don’t even know if it’s possible to pick one you haven’t done :D