Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

The funny thing is that the color of the sun, the apparent desert setting, and the silhouette of some of the people do make me think of Pitch Black.

But Vin Diesel never had a beer with a girl like that in Pitch Black, unless it’s in some Special Edition I completely missed.

Ding ding ding! It is indeed A Man Apart. Which I watched this week because it was directed by F. Gary Gray. I’m so transparent.

The forty:

sixty-one:

The eighty-whatever:

The one-hundred:

It’s kind of a poor man’s revenge thriller, as far as direction and writing go. I mean it looks okay–cinematographer was Jack N. Green, who did a lot of Clint Eastwood stuff, including Unforgiven, as well as Serenity of all things–in a trying-to-be-gritty kind of way that a movie like Harsh Times does much better. What’s great about it is watching Vin Diesel try to be so hard and tough, and the more I see him do that, the more I don’t believe it. Maybe that’s partly because of Tom’s insistence that he’s just a big nerd at heart, so when they try to make him act tough it feels goofy. That’s okay here, because, well, he is kind of faking it. Also Larenz Tate. Damn I love that guy. I was crazy about him from the get, and I wish he’d taken off more. He’s just a joy to watch. Also Timothy Olyphant is here in a smallish role doing weird stuff. I wouldn’t go so far as to say he’s chewing the scenery so much as sucking on it like hard candy.

Anyway, you have the conch @abidingdude!

-xtien

“There’s a human being named Overdose?”

Thank you Mr Dingus. Here is the new 20:20

Lost Highway! I love that movie!

Dang I thought we would at least get to the 40, which was definitely going to give it away. It is indeed Lost Highway, the prequel of sorts to Mulholland Drive and the best Robert Blake movie like Wings of Desire is the best Peter Falk movie. Here are the rest of the frames:

Into your good hands, Mr @charmtrap, I commend the next round.

Sorry abidingdude, but I know that movie like the back of my hand.

New 20

That’s not Scrooged is it? The coffin doesn’t show up that early, I’m sure…

I think the timing is about right for Diamonds Are Forever, but the coffin looks wrong.

It is neither of those.

I’m fairly confident that this is Tell No One.

Yes indeed, it is Tell No One: a really very good French film of an American mystery novel. Definitely Hitchcockian in tone, and the above-pictured Mssr. Cluzet is excellent as this film’s wrong man.

I remember enjoying this film immensely, but for the life of me i cannot recall any of the plot machinations other than the basic “wrong man wanted for murder” setup.

The new 20:

I have no idea what movie that is, but bonus points for a 20 with a 20 sign in it!

Gung-Ho (stupid autocorrect made it going a-ho)

I assume you mean the '86 Micheal Keaton movie? It’s not that one.

Edit: missed your edit.

Cloak and Dagger?

It’s not Cloak and Dagger.

Here’s the 40:

The Cable Guy? :)

Is that Dogtooth? That movie creeped me out.

-xtien

Very well done, that is indeed Dogtooth, which makes The Lobster look like mellow and straightforward entertainment.

The 60:

The 80:

@ChristienMurawski, you’re up!