Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

Ha. I’m so annoyed at them for putting their own poster(s) in their movie. Weirdos.

Hmm. I just got a potential idea for a 3x3…

-xtien

Once I’d posted the guess, I thought about it a little more and became more sure of myself. The guy in the cow suit is Tromeo, the romantic lead. The dude with splayed legs on his living room floor in the 20 is his dad.

Yay! I’ll have something new up tonight.

Inception! :)

Ok. In what movie will you find this at 20 minutes, 20 seconds?

Is that Snowden?

Joy?

Yes, Discourse, that was my full message.

Oh, I think I know this one! It’s the movie Honey, Look What’s On Paul Ryan’s Twitter Feed.

-Tom

None of those is correct.

The Social Network?

It is not The Social Network.

Probably the 40 minute, 40 second still will help.

I thought that one was going to do it. Moving on then.

One hour, one minute:

Of all the weird things to tip me off, some secondary character from Orange is the New Black being the one…

Hello, My name is Doris?

Damn, I thought the woman in the 40 looked kinda like Sally Field, but I assumed it couldn’t be her. I didn’t even know she was still working.

Right you are, Mr M. It was great to see Ms Field back in action. And you know what? I’ve always really liked Natasha Lyonne, ever since Slums of Beverly Hills.

One last frame to Hello, My Name is Doris.

Ok just got home, will pull some screens as soon as I can.

Ok the 20:20

@baren I want you to know that you had previously picked at least two of the movies I went for today.

Wow, that frame is certainly evocative of the time period and what (i suspect) is happening here. Judging by the aspect ratio i’d wager it’s fairly recent, and since the likes of Son of Saul and The Pianist were in color, i’ll go with Schindler’s List, which strangely hasn’t been featured yet.

I thought this would go a little longer, but you indeed nailed it in one.

Though the 40 was going to be a dead giveaway (probably why it hasn’t been picked)

40:40

60:60

80:80

100:100

120:120? (ok I cheated it a few (30) seconds because this is that scene)

140:140

160:160?!

180:180!!!

Take it away @BellaConfusione!

Those are some gorgeous frames. I still can’t get over how much of a story the 20 tells just by itself. I haven’t seen this film in 15 years, but i guess we are looking at a new arrival from a bourgeois background in the ghetto, with no idea about how much worse it is going get. Not sure if i’m ready for another viewing, since just thinking about it and the other holocaust films i saw as a kid makes my stomach turn. I’ll probably go straight to Son of Saul, which i haven’t seen yet.

And now for something completely different. Here’s the new 20:

You’re pretty close, though I admit I did not watch the film, merely skipped to scenes. It’s a rough watch, probably the best movie I never want to watch. I do plan on watching it again though, but not for another 10 years, once my son and daughter are old enough. Great film