Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

Hah, I realized the 20:20 had Rebecca Hall and Michael C. Hall (no relation).

A pity of the other Christine Chubbuck movie; I sorta like Kate Lyn Sheil

Meanwhile, good luck.

20:20

There’s some Cthulhu shit going on in the clouds there.

Also I’m going to guess Van Helsing because it makes me laugh to do so.

Nope.

I’ll see your Van Helsing and raise you an I, Frankenstein. Is it I, Frankenstein?

-Tom

Nope.

40:40

My wife tells me this is the new Beauty and the Beast movie — the French one from 2014 starring Vincent Cassel, Belle et la Bête, not the really new one with Josh Gad as the token gay henchman.

Sigh. Yes, it is.

So, a couple months ago, I decided to put the new Beauty in the Beast in my Netflix queue. You can do that with current releases, so when they become available on disc, they ship immediately.

I’m totally surprised a few weeks ago, when I got a shipping notification. “Huh? I didn’t realize it was out already.” When it arrives in the mail, I notice it’s not a Blu-ray, but a DVD. And, wait, Lea Seydoux (and you and you and you)? Vincent Cassel? Whaaaaaa???

And, yes, the French did make a live-action Beauty and the Beast movie a few years ago. Starring Lea Seydoux (and you and you and you). And this would have totally gone the distance, if not for Djscman’s wife!

Hey, since she figured it out, perhaps she should pick the next movie?

60:60

80:80

100:100 I introduce the poofiest shirt since Jerry Seinfeld

And, bonus shot: Lea Seydoux (and you and you and you)

Fair enough! I told her that she should pick a couple of possibilities out, because we’ve done so many movies in these threads. She came back with four, and according to the QT3 Movie Frame List Google Doc, not one had been taken.

So here’s a grandpa movie she picked out. If you’ve seen it, you’ll know it.

The 20:20

Some Like It Hot?

-Tom

One of my favoritest movies ever. Sweet Smell of Success?

Heh. Burt is just about in frame! Dang that’s a cool frame. His eyes are so great in this shot. Props to the picker!

-xtien

I’d like to change my answer.

-Tom

Some like it…not? One of the guys from that one is in this one, though.

It was a team effort on picking this frame. And it is Sweet Smell of Success!

The 40:40

Gotcher Burt right here for the 60:60

And this guy forgot to look at the camera for the 80:80, just like in (500) Days of Summer.

You are up, Dingus!

Sweet!

I love this movie so freaking much. I used it in a 3x3 topic of double features you have to explain, and I think I referenced it in the pool table 3x3 as well (although I can’t be sure), because of the same movie…Diner. There’s a character in that movie that just quotes it incessantly, which is kind of the reason I wanted to watch it…and then I just fell in love with it. It’s such a great movie.

Here is the moment right after the 20:20 you posted. Those light fixtures are hard to forget:

Look at the phone on the table! How great is that! And people today are all on about how having your phone on the table is rude. Ha! Imagine having a landline phone sitting at your table at a restaurant! I just kind of love that.

Anyway, I’m so happy to see these frames after watching The Big Sleep again this past week.

I’ll have a new frame up as soon as I can.

-xtien

“President? My big toe would make a better president.”

In those days, having a phone on the table in a restaurant or club was a very big deal. This isn’t a movie story, but it illustrates the point: When I was a kid in Cleveland one of my family’s favorite restaurants was a place owned by two Cleveland Browns players, Ed and Dick Modzelewski. Dick was a former New York Giant and we happened to be there when Sam Huff, the All Pro linebacker from the Giants was visiting. Huff got a phone call at the restaurant and the whole crowded place stopped what they were doing and watched as the phone was brought to the table and the extension line was plugged in (no cordless in those days). Then everyone saw Huff get this ashen look on his face and quickly hang up the phone. Turns out a whole restaurant full of people had witnessed him getting the news that he had been traded to the Washington Redskins.

I love that story, Jason. Thank you.

My next frame is totally not a grandpa movie. Nope. Not at all.

The new twenty:

-xtien

Looks an awful lot like Charlton Heston and the back of Orson Welles’ head in Touch of Evil.

Yes indeed, charmtrap. You bet your sweet life it is.

The forty:

sixty-one:

The eighty-whatever:

The one-hundred:

You have the conch, @charmtrap!

-xtien

“That was the last killer that ever got out of my hands.”

Damn. Every shot in that movie is like a portrait.

I’ll have something up sooner rather than later.

Yeah. The lighting in the Sweet Smell of Success frames made me think of this movie for some reason, so I had to go back and look at it again. That 100:100 frame in particular. You put it perfectly.

I actually thought I’d already done it at first, but I had confused it with The Lady from Shanghai in my memory.

-xtien

Remember this thread when people under 80 could understand what was going on? Those were the days.

-Tom