Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

That’s Grimacing People, by the Grimace.

That sure does look like Denholm Elliott in the 40. I can’t imagine what it is, though.

Random '80s British Movie guess…

Withnail & I

That is Denholm Elliot but it’s not Withnail & I and since it’s been 24 hours I think its time to fold up the tents on this one.

This was To the Devil a Daughter from 1976. It’s Hammer’s second to last film until their recent reinvention. The big recognizable faces - Christopher Lee, Richard Widmark and a young Nastaasja Kinski - all manged to avoid appearing in any of the relevant screencaps.

The film’s a mess, but I’ve always liked it for its weird mix of earnestness, sleaze and camp, and I’m always up for a Satanic conspiracy film. Plus, how can we overlook Richard Widmark’s “98% of so-called Satanists are nothing but pathetic freaks who get their kicks out of dancing naked in freezing churchyards” line?

Enough with the devil cults. A brand new 20 appears below.

The Blackcoat’s Daughter (I see what you did there) I believe that is.

Gonna have to add To the Devil a Daughter to the list.

@charmtrap is the winner. It is indeed The Blackcoat’s Daughter, a great, moody slow burner of a horror film by Osgood Perkins. My computer being restored, the rest of the twenties:

thee 40

thee 60

& thee 80

Bah, turns out Denholm Elliot’s not even in Withnail and I

Here’s a new 20. Should be easy.

Dark Shadows 2: Out of Focus

Inception

40:

That’s gotta be The Infiltrator

I thought that was John Leguizamo. Never saw it though, but I definitely recognized the face.

Ding ding! @Kemper_Boyd is a winner…it is The Infiltrator. Pretty good movie, and I felt like a little bit underrated.

Your go, sir.

I enjoyed The Infiltrator quite a bit. Great cast, top to bottom.

Also good to see when a principled man is also principled about his marriage, regardless of “how much they had both been through together” as fake husband and wife partners.

Hey, @tomchick! In which film will you see this frame at the 20:20 mark?

The Girl With All The Gifts.

Herr Doktor is correct! I found this to be a decent film adaptation of a very good book. My opinion (not shared by all) was that the actress playing the eponymous Girl was not quite up to the task in some key scenes.

The Forty:

The Sixty:

The Eighty:

[Dang! I screwed up The Eighty and it was one of my favorite screens. Overhead shot of a bunch of store fronts and a pair of boots sticking out from under a security shutter.]

The One Hundred:

The Final Frame (hidden for the spoiler averse):

Summary

Stop your coffin and pick some frames, Dr. C.

He was asking me!

To be fair, I might not have gotten it until the unmistakable 60:60.

-Tom

I didn’t think Girl With All The Gifts was as good as the book, but it was a decent adaptation, agreed.

This one will probably go quickly! In what movie will you see this beautiful smile at the 20:20?

Play Misty for Me?