Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

Black Dynamite?
(that wasn’t done before?)

You are correct!

If it was done previously, I didn’t see it on the list.

40:40:

and the 60:60…

On to you, baren!

Black Dynamite is not so secretly one of my favorite movies. Hard to believe I didn’t use it in the game before.

On to the next flick. Grandpa, what were you watching last night? It was all like

That aspect ratio makes my head hurt.

The movie is obviously What Did I Come Into The Room For? starring someone who our grampas once thought was really hawt.

-Tom

4040:

Scandalous! These people are half-dressed! This kind of smut shouldn’t be allowed.

That’s the fabulous William Powell and Myrna Loy as Nick and Nora Charles in The Thin Man. At least I assume it’s the first one.

@charmtrap is on to my petty tricks. It is The Thin Man, the first and best in the series.

Fabulous indeed! I love their snappy patter, and how the movie doesn’t play out as kid-gloved as most of its peers. It is odd to see the resolution scene where Nick Charles invites all the suspects to a dinner and winds up accusing one. In a modern movie that would definitely turn into a hostage scenario, probably with collateral damage.

Sorry for the hold-up. New 20 here…

I don’t know the movie yet, but I seriously love that station wagon.

-Tom

It’s a good un, innit.

40:40

Diamonds are Forever?

They are all I need to please me…

But I think that looks like Faye Dunaway to me. So I’m gonna guess that station wagon is the getaway car from The Thomas Crown Affair. From the year I was born!

I challenge any of you to come up with a trailer that has more weird and awkward shots of kissing in it.

-xtien

Dingus takes the square. That is indeed Faye Dunaway in one of her rare non-awkward kissing moments.

Your go, @ChristienMurawski

I will put up a new frame soon, but I want to make a comment that’s probably going to be taken as heresy by most folks who love movies…

Uh…I kind of like the McTiernan remake better than the Norman Jewison original. I mean, Steve McQueen is cool and all, but Pierce Brosnan is just so fucking suave. I don’t think I ever really believe the shit Steve McQueen is doing. In any movie. He always just feels like a star being a star to me. Maybe the Eddie Izzard routine about The Great Escape ruined him for me. He’s just too American cool and that rubs me the wrong way. Like, “Yeah. I can do whatever and the screenwriter and director can go fuck themselves. People will buy it.” And…to be fair…we do.

I just buy the into Brosnan version more. And I believe in his chemistry with Rene Russo more than I believe in that weird sloppy forced kiss between McQueen and Dunaway.

At any rate, that station wagon is sweet.

-xtien

If you think McQueen was doing whatever he wanted in these films, you should watch “Steve McQueen: The Man & Le Mans.” Where obsession meets the ability to engage in complete self indulgence, the result is not a great movie.

You’re not the only one.

I haven’t seen the remake in years and years so I have very little opinion on which is better, but I’ve always thought Steve McQueen had about as much appeal as moldy egg salad. Finally seeing the original TCA hasn’t changed my mind any.

I think that people who are into Steve McQueen are the same people who are into John Wayne.

Not my people…but not necessarily bad people either.

The new twenty:

-xtien

Speed.