Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

Nope!

Let’s try the 40:40

Hmm, based on the actress in the 20 and maybe the setting in the 40, is it the Vacation remake? That can’t be right. There’s nothing in those frames that says “dopey comedy”. But that’s my guess.

-Tom

Haha. Kemper Boyd saw Youth In Oregon.

Oh holy cats. Is that Frank Langella in the forty? Dang it charmtrap, I kept thinking that was Jennifer Aniston in the 20:20 and that was totally messing with me. Of course it’s what’s-her-name from that other sitcom. Dangit!

-xtien

Someone didn’t watch enough Married with Children.

-Tom

I not only saw Youth in Oregon, I actually was a youth in Oregon!

It’s definitely not a great movie and the first half is very by the numbers, but I thought that the estranged brother (Josh Lucas) was excellent and the ending was a bit of a surprise (and a definite increase in depth). Way too much Billy Crudup in this movie and not enough of the lovely Christina Applegate (Ms. Aniston, if you are Dingus-y).

Here is The Sixty:

The Eighty:

…and The Final Frame:

Charmtrap, you have the helm!

I forced my way through 45 minutes of it or so and gave up. The ripoff poster should’ve been a giveaway that I was going to hate it (I couldn’t stand Little Miss Sunshine).

Anyway, new 20:

Uh…did you just post Scoop?

-xtien

The Gallows?

I’m with you.

-xtien

Ba-bing! Dingus takes it.

This has been my jam lately…getting around all those low-rated Allen movies from the late 90s to mid-oughts that is widely considered Woody’s fallow period. What I’ve found is that they’re largely pretty good…well, they’re mostly OK. Yeah, Hollywood Ending and Curse of the Jade Scorpion were a bit rough, but I’m pretty convinced that Small Time Crooks is a minor comic masterpiece. Sweet and Lowdown is just all-around brilliant.

Anyway, I really kinda liked Scoop. It’s got some nice light comic moments set in a murder mystery in Thin Man sort of way. Not totally successful, but appealing nonetheless.

Your turn @ChristienMurawski.

As it happens I’ve been doing something similar because of this week’s 3x3.

Yes. I’d agree with the word appealing.

-xtien

ScarJo using a man’s dress shirt as a nightie is very appealing.

The new twenty:

-xtien

Star Trek III Search for Spock.

Now I want to say I’m sick at work so I can come home early and watch Star Trek.

I think you’re probably right, but in case you’re not I’ll go with Star Trek IV: Voyage Home

Dayum that was fast!

[And I could not be happier!]

Well done, Chris!

The forty (or Sad 90210 Reject #2):

sixty-one (or What’s Wrong Square Pegs?):

The eighty-whatever (or Jolyichu!):

I watched this hoping to include it on two recent 3x3 topics, but I couldn’t quite get it to work.

You have the conch, @marquac!

-xtien

“Remember?”

Have you had enough of him?