Comic Jon Lovitz savagely beats comic Andy Dick

The Dennis Miller show is exactly what I thought it would sound like. At some point in his life he needs to learn the difference between “interview” and “conversation with old comic buddies”.

Same guy, Jamie Masada, said on the Countdown on MSNBC that Lovitz only pushed Dick hard twice. This thread is useless without pictures.

(After hearing him on Miller): Masada is a liar!

Yeah. Then he’d look totally normal.

Jon Lovitz is funny, Andy Dick is simply aptly named. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding the beatdown, Dick’s had it coming for a long time. Hell, the only way this could possibly be a better story is if Pauly Shore had been the one to beat Dick’s ass.

I think the most abnormal thing about him now is his skin. Like so many other dippy sunbathers, he doesn’t realize or care about how damaged his skin currently is. Normal humans don’t look like leather in their early 40s.

I’m pretty sure that Phil Hartman was the only celebrity death that ever really shook me. But regardless of Andy Dick’s involvement, it puts a warm feeling in my stomach to hear he got bloodied up by another schlocky comedian.

What he said.
I like Lovitz and think he can be funny (when he’s not in crap movies).
Responsible or not, what Andy did certainly didn’t help and saying what he did makes it perfectly understandable why Lovitz snapped.

He should have picked up pauly Shore and beaten Dick with him.

Agree!

Cue the webcomic.

Lovitz should know better. Beating Dick off will only encourage him to come again.

Interesting thread. I’m happy Lovitz beat the guy. In that situation I would have done worse than shove him a few times.

But whiskey tango foxtrot on the Carrot Top pics? Jesus that guy looks like a tranny face on a WWF jock’s body. Creepy. Seriously dude, look into full face transplant. I hear they do that now.

Kunikos wins the thread.

Yeah, you’re probably right.

The addiction works both ways. The same way she was able to lose her fucking mind and shoot Hartman, he was able to give coke to her. I don’t see anyone claiming she was anything but just shy of legally insane when she did that, doesn’t he merit the same benefit of the doubt over a relatively much more trivial matter?

He’s a lame ass fame whore and that is that.
That’s an unusual criticism. Are you saying this is his way of getting publicity? He makes Andy Kaufman look like a pussy, then.

Also, Jon Lovitz is funny. The Liar and Satan are great characters.

See, what you’re looking for there is “was funny”, and “were great”. Even Adam Sandler was funny once, and that wasn’t as long ago as Jon’s time in the sun was. Compare that with one of his contemporaries who continues to be funny, like Christopher Guest. Call me when he starts beating some ass, and I’ll know which side I’m on regardless of the victim.

I’m not clear on your logic here. Because she was really close to being dangerously psychotic, giving her cocaine is not as big a deal as if she is mostly stable?

I’m discussing two separate but related propositions. The first is that people seem awfully quick to directly blame someone other than the trigger puller for Hartman’s death. I agree that his subsequent jokes make that easy, but no more rational.

The second is that giving an addict cocaine is not as bad as killing someone, and that he could hardly have known she was a potential killer until she did it. As far as irrational acts performed while under the influence, giving another druggie coke is pretty small time. I would ask why someone who cares about their “recovering” addict wife would invite his junkie friends over and expect any different. If anyone is going to be blamed for anything, it should be the suddenly saintly Lovitz and anybody else who was present and (I imagine) more sober, and did nothing.

Look, I get it. Jon Lovitz is popular with people here to begin with, but that has little to do with the matter at hand.

An addict who indulges in drugs admist recovering addicts is one of the greater cuntrag sins one can commit, and basically puts you on the same level as someone who sells drugs to children.

If you look at all addicts the same, then substitute “alcoholic” for “addict” and see if your opinion of the sentence changes.

If not, then you definitely don’t know anyone who’s struggled with addiction, and you’ll never understand why this makes Andy Dick such a lowlife scumbag.

Is Lovitz going to be prosecuted? I can just imagine whiny Andy suing for a bajillion dollars.

No, it doesn’t. It doesn’t even come close. You can come in anywhere on the legalization of drugs, you can fudge the definition of addict to include anyone you feel sympathetic for, you can even monkey with the definition of a child to reflect individual maturity level more than age. But you cannot pretend the two are at all similar, any more than copping a feel on a 25 year old and doing the same to a 9 year old are. Both are disgusting but on vastly different levels. The law reflects that, and you might want to factor that into your righteous hyperbole.

If you look at all addicts the same, then substitute “alcoholic” for “addict” and see if your opinion of the sentence changes.

If not, then you definitely don’t know anyone who’s struggled with addiction, and you’ll never understand why this makes Andy Dick such a lowlife scumbag.

Yeah, based entirely on hearsay, and with none of the same “struggles with addiction” defense applied to his case. Despite the fact that he didn’t even kill anybody. Why is that, do you think?

Don’t lecture me on life experience. Not regarding giving drugs to an addict (WHILE ON DRUGS) as the same level or even within the same ballpark as killing someone while under the influence is perfectly normal. Keep the blame focused on the person who actually killed somebody. The fact remains she wasn’t a fucking child, and there were plenty of allegedly sober people watching this train wreck happen.

Everybody wants someone to blame when crazy things happen. Jon Lovitz just decided his particular focus would be the quintessential 98 pound weakling, and I’m supposed to hail his splendid mediocrity as heroic? Maybe next week, when he takes on a Joe Rogan or someone who can actually defend themselves. There is no justice or morality in beating up on the weak. But I’m the crazed vigilante here, right?

Wait, for Andy Dick getting his face smashed in a bar, or for carrot-top’s apparently nude photo shoot? (Judging by that last picture, anyway)

http://stu.wccnet.org/~dlane24/whatadick.swf