Coming 2 America (2021)

I didn’t realize how much I need this until I heard, “It’s Kunta Kinte and Ebola!”

Normally I think I would have just written this off but Bill & Ted was a decent sequel decades later and Brewer and Murphy were a winning director/actor combination with Dolemite, so here’s hoping.

My two thoughst:

1. Wesley Snipes looks like he’s going to steal the movie.

2. Using that song in the trailer was a tactical misstep, because now all I want to do is watch The Nice Guys yet again.

He practically stole the Dolemite movie, too.

Looks really good. Be glad to see a good comedy again.

Funny, I had pretty much the same journey. I saw this thread title and grimaced… but damn if that doesn’t look like a lot of fun.

My first thought was damn, those guys have aged really well. They definitely do not look 30 years older than in the first film. I’m not sure they even look 10 years older.

Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Or at least passable.

Im with you, but what do we have to lose? It’s on Amazon Prime!

Coming to America is such a great movie.

My wife and I are really curious who the mother of the lost son would be. Shari Headley is in the sequel, I wonder if after the events of the first movie they quickly divorced and she went back to the US while pregnant. Otherwise, did he get with someone in America off-screen during the first movie? Will be interesting.

It’s going to be an inverse nigerian scam. Lol

Ok I thought this was to be out for Xmas 2020!

I have been looking forward to it, now even more so.

And goddamed Eddie, Arsenio and Wesley are looking goood!

Hotel Rwanda!

Ok yeah that barbershop scene looks fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjUgUGYlPe0

I stopped watching after a minute or so, because I was enjoying it and didn’t want any of the best jokes ruined - it looks like a lot of fun, can’t wait!

Also, does Eddie Murphy like… not age? Maybe it’s that I haven’t seen him in awhile, but my gosh, he looks like I remember him from movies when I was a kid. And I am not a kid any longer.

Aka Men in Black syndrome. Where all the jokes are first shown in the various trailers.

The Royal Jet has arrived!

I’ve read some less-than-good reviews, but I don’t care. I’ll just have an extra beer or two while watching later.

I saw that Prime also has the original! Glad to see that, I don’t own it and it’s been over a decade since I last watched it.