Coming to Netflix: The Witcher

Thats unexpected. Don’t really see him in the role, but I like him. Hasn’t been very happy with how Superman has been handled by Snyder & co and Mission gave him an option to show a different side to the world. Suspect he’s a bit too high profile / expensive for the role, but they should give him a shot!

I can see how he might be a decent Geralt. Or a fantastic Dandelion/Jaskier.

Heh, not surprising. He’s known to be a gamer. I believe he missed the first telephone call notifying him that he landed the Superman role because he was raiding in WoW.

I vote no; too pretty, too bulky.

You sure about that?

Not saying Geralt isn’t in tip-top shape, he’s just not a roid case.

I would hit that dig that.

Muscly Geralt it is!

Well I won’t have any problems getting my wife to watch this now.

My major issue is I loooooOOoooooove Cavil’s voice and I love Geralt’s voice actor, but I obviously can’t have both.

Apparently been cast unofficially officially for a while, which explains why Cavill was playing Witcher: Wild Hunt too.

Feels like a really good casting decision.

Yeah, I agree.

I am willing to be convinced.

What’s really important about this is that it means the return of Cavills facial hair. Here’s hoping Justice League 2 needs to CGI out a full beard AND CGI dye his hair black.

Trending nationally on Twitter, for both good and ill.

Cavill’s turn as Brandon in The Tudors makes me think he’ll handle this very well. That and he’s clearly immersing himself in the universe and another fictional depiction of Geralt bodes well. Also, he clearly REALLY wanted this role.

I’ve only seen him as Superman so I remain skeptical but really really hope he turns out to be incredible in this.

I like Cavill and love Witcher, was kinda hoping for someone older / more grizzled, but good make up / wardrobe can do wonders to fill in the gaps.

Nice one, now just tell them to get going, so we can watch it before 2020 rolls around…

Yeah, that’s my main gripe about Cavill - Geralt’s been doing his thing for decades, he’s seen and done it all and he’s got no time for anyone’s crap. I would have liked someone older, but we’ll see what shakes out.

Sometimes passion makes all the difference. I’m optimistic about this, but the actor playing Geralt is just a small part of the whole.