Coming to Netflix: The Witcher

Hey with the Witcher - it could be babe-of-the-week too! Hope he has a secure relationship!

Would be fun to see Warwick Davis in a bigger role than the mostly blink-and-miss-them cameos he had in the SW, Potter & Narnia movies. Though who knows, maybe that Willow 2 movie will actually happen one day!

I’ll add another nod for this suggestion. Hell, the thought of Cavill and Isla having a sex scene together. . . . OK, I’ll just stop there.

She could definitely pull off Triss though. Cavill as Geralt I’m still on the fence with.

Having the screenwriter (is Lauren writing the whole thing?) so enthusiastic about the lead casting is always a good sign. Well, assuming that the screenwriter is producing good stuff. Looking at her IMDB page I am neutral about the defenders stuff, but the fact she was a writer for the later seasons of the West Wing is very cool!

There’s an entire writing staff. She’s the showrunner/lead writer, but I believe there are as many as 8 or more writers, all fairly young, but with decent pedigrees even so.

To be honest, I mostly hope they are good at adapting already written material…I want to see Sapkowski’s words on the screen, not someone else’s, no offense to the writers.

Unlikely. Sapkowski writes in Polish…

Cute .p

C’mon. You haven’t really experienced Sapkowski until you’ve read it in Klingon. ;)

And, really, switching out descriptions of turkey legs and merlot with gagh and bloodwine was truly inspired and improved the story.

Redanian is better.

One thing I’m hoping for in the series is that they present the contracts how the books do, and some of the games’ cutscenes. I’d love to see Geralt methodically preparing for the confrontations, mixing potions, oiling blades, making bombs (did Geralt use bombs in the books? I can’t remember) and just generally showing the work that goes into his, you know, work.

So a fantasy version of watching Mike work in Better Call Saul?

Ooh, yes please!

That’ll do

Controversy has struck The Witcher.

Supposedly the casting call for Ciri went out as a BAME or "black, Asian, and minority ethnic’. Of course Ciri in the book and game is prominently a “green eyed girl with ashen hair” and as about as white as white can be. Changing her color will result in quite a few story changes given her background.

This has spawned the inevitable backlash of trying to shoehorn in a minority into a lead role. Of course rational discussion is almost impossible with charges of quotas and counter-charges of racism being hurled back and forth. It is interesting to see some people try to justify complaining about ScoJo while defending this decision. Some of the same people who defended that decision are now complaining about this one. Pure hypocrisy.

It will be interesting to see how they have to change the rest of the story if Ciri is a minority with the whole “elder blood” thing going on.

Addendum: Personally I do not mind but then again I also do not understand the backlash when a white actor/actress is cast in a role like Scarlett Johansson was in Ghost in the Shell. It is all fiction so who cares.