Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations ("The Harpoon that Never Was")

I’ll just throw this out there without any comment.

Is that from Tacview?

Or did you guys eat TacView? Either way; Holy farking Hell! Gorram! w00t! Excitement and Hype!

Of course this opens up a whole new can o’ worms: Will all AI pilots do flat turns or will we see everything in the book like scissors, yoyo’s, tach-weaves, slices and zooms and all that other good stuff? (for those who skipped the golden age of sims, these are dogfight maneuvers)

Looks like TacView to me … what does this mean!? :o

(I know the Pro version of CMANO exports to TacView)

This may sound weird, but I really like the final paragraph of that article. If you wrote this Dmitri kudos to you.

“We also hope that, beyond merely having an entertaining and exciting experience, you will gain a better understanding of the region, the players, the major issues and the stakes. Nations generally do not go to war on a whim, but they frequently cross red lines because they misjudge intentions and capabilities – of their own as well as those of their neighbors. If, after having a blast with Chains Of War, you seek out more authoritative & comprehensive sources (a book, a documentary, your grandfather’s stories from his time in Japan or Korea, anything) to obtain a better insight on the balance in the western Pacific, our job as wargame creators will be done.”

Btw the screenshot you posted 2 days ago. Is that in this DLC or am I blind? I skim read so I could have missed it but didn’t see a screenshot or description, nor on Matrix’s page either.

I definitely prefer the Cold War scenarios in CMANO so that '58 Taiwan Straight scenario is extremely my bag.

I think that was in response to the pestering for information on how their new map engine is coming along. I don’t think it will be in the DLC.

Thank you.

Steam summer sale!

Any possibility of the non pro version getting the ability to export to Tacview?

I so want to be able to answer that.

So I got Chains of War because Slitherine sent me a “You’ve been with us for such and such so happy anniversary!” coupon, so of course I had to buy it so I could own the whole set, as it were. I wanna finally dive in, but have no idea WHERE to begin. Can anyone (and sorry if this was already recommended and I missed it) recommend a good tutorial scenario for me to start with? I’ve read the manual but am still intimidated.

Thanks!

Baloogan can probably point you in the right direction

That’ll help point me in the right direction. Thanks!

A good place to start is “Start New Scenario/Tutorials/”, and at least do the Basic Training.

Also download the gigs worth of database images.

As Profanicus mentioned above, I highly recommend downloading the Database Images & Descriptions addon that is available at the developers site here: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876 .

The Database Images really enhanced the ‘feel’ of the game for me. It is a large download, but I think it is worth it.

Holy crap you weren’t kidding.

I don’t know why these aren’t hosted on Steam workshop like the community missions are.

But they’re hosted on GDrive, so I just copied them to my GDrive and synced them down in the background with the Google ‘backup and sync’ desktop client. Safer than trying to use http…