Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations ("The Harpoon that Never Was")

I have a very vague understanding of all the inner works, but I think to solve the issue you mention, CMANO hosts various iterations of each database. The scenario specifies, at its building time, which one it used and then load that version within the game, to avoid discrepencies that may be associated with updates.

Here’s a really stupid idea: putting the community database on Git, and then having CMANO pull the latest commits whenever.

I know, right?

They do release them seperately, but there’s also one pack that gets updated with each new release. That’s the one you want:

CMANO uses two databases for some reason; one covers equipment up to the end of the cold war, and the other covers after that.

I will give that a try though the last comment suggests someone else hit the problem with that one as well.

Edit: Ah, I see what is going on. Even after it does the workshop download it doesn’t unpack it until you fire up CMANO. I can see it adding files to the directory right now. Just needed to wait a while for it to get through the set.

Oh maybe it is broken, I don’t know.

I just meant this is the one if you want to avoid juggling subscriptions each time there’s an update.

Question about course plotting for missiles (like JASSM). I was doing the strike tutorial and for strike #6 where they have you use the JASSM, they talk about hitting the plot course button after assigning a jassm to the target. Then it says you should just be able to click to set waypoints (up to 10). When I click plot course there already is a line going to the target, and when I click anywhere it complains about it being out of range (or something along those lines). So not sure what I’m not getting right.

Also noticed some odd things with the strafing run, after his initial pass he climbs to 36k and then kind of circles there even though all 5 bursts were allocated. I can get it work If I plot him out away from the target, and then drop him down to say 2k feet, he will come back in and then will do multiple strafing runs until all 4 remaining bursts have been used.

With regards to plotting waypoints for cruise missiles, see this:

Note that we do not have absolute freedom in plotting such courses: We are constrained both by the maximum range of the weapon and also the number of available waypoints to use. This is not a problem for TACTOM, but numerous anti-ship missiles have only a handful of waypoints available.

The road to v1.10: Waypoints for cruise missiles

On the JASSM plotting, you probably don’t have the spare range to do the dogleg you have in mind. Generally the closer you are to the edge of the envelope the more constrained you are.

The other bit is strange. May be worth contacting the author (Gunner98) about it.

Yeah, I realized later I was probably just too far out to deviate from a straight shot. I will try it again soon, and fly up much closer before allocating.

Command-LIVE: Commonwealth Collision has been released: http://www.matrixgames.com/products/731/details/Command.Live.Commonwealth.Collision

TL;DR : Combined UK + India carrier group (incl. QE & F-35Bs) vs combined Pakistan + China naval and coastal forces.

So under tutorials in scenario selection, when I try to run Anti-Submarine ASW tutorial it complains about needing aircraft damage model which is locked (apparently comes with Chain of War dlc?)? Why not have the tutorial under Chains of War if it is gated by purchasing that?

That sounds like a scenario error. Let us have a look at that.

Alright, here are the no-COW versions of the Air-ASW and Mine-Warfare tutorials:

I’ll also send them to our production team to have them incorporated on the next possible release.

Have fun!

Command LIVE: Kuril Sunrise is out:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/739/details/Command.Live.Kuril.Sunrise

Do any of the expansions besides Chains of War add new functionality like the new aircraft damage model? It doesn’t look like it from my reading of the Steam store pages, but not sure.

We usually provide new features as part of free engine updates, see the summary list here: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=3922

“Chains of War” was an exception to this, as we added new features that were major development undertakings. To avoid the paradigm of “pay for engine updates”, it was decided to instead tie them to the DLC.

Afterwards these features also became unlockable by the “Shifting Sands” and “The Silent Service” DLCs.

Is the new aircraft damage model’s use determined by the scenario author? Grabbed Silent Service last night. Plan on picking up shifting sands and northern inferno as well in the near future.

Yes. New-created scenarios have it enabled by default, whereas on existing scenarios it is OFF by default but it can be changed in ScenEdit mode.

(Because it is such a far-reaching change, it can easily unbalance an older scenario that never accounted for it)

The Holiday Sale is here!

Congratulations @Dimitris!

http://defence.h5mag.com/global_defence_technology_special_nov18/slitherine_s_command_the_wargame_transforming_operational_simulation