Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations ("The Harpoon that Never Was")

Something really sad, I reckon.

Enjoy the quiet now, Vincenzo.

and take your baggage with you, you fucking obsessive compulsive autistic sperglord trolls!

(you know this forum tends to be really really tolerant to all kinds of asshattery, but i dont think this shit is gonna last)

Ignore list, schurem. Great for free game key beggars, “look at my new game no really I’m not spamming every forum I can find” yots, and relentless “One True Game” jilted girlfriends.

I suppose it works for all of my “admirers”, too :)

does that mean I am on your list as well then? :P

What, ignore the King of Two-Fisted Gaming for Men? Perish the thought!!!

No I was just recommending the ignore list to you.

Isn’t this the kind of shit that drove flight sim devs out of the industry?

yes it is and while this thread did make for a smll jolt of ‘those were there the days weren’t they?’ nostalgia but pretty soon it showed how fucking ugly those days were and now it fills my mouth with the taste of bile and makes me want to punch random asperger kids.

Sayre’s law.

Just report them and get them banned - Preferably with their posts deleted like with all spam. Until that happens, welcome to the ignore list as my number 2 and 3 ever on it.

Vincenzo and Herman, you’re welcome to join this community, but you’re not welcome to do it to antagonize specific developers or publishers.

-Tom

I hope the developer continues to poke his head in here now and then to comment despite the vitriol. Although I’m not quite prepared to sink $80 into the game at this stage, it’s certainly gotten my attention.

Hmm, I see that this thread has now gone four pages and still no one has been able to point out a single inaccuracy within my review.

When everyone is talking about the reviewer and not the review, it usually means that the review is unimpeachable.

Or maybe no one here cares for your particular brand of crazy?

Tom,

I always admired the frank way you tackled your reviews without neither mincing words nor trying to “soften up” them for the benefit of the poor developers (and, no, I’m not saying this to nose-brown you). Your “Rome: Total War II” review is among my own favourite ever - and, as a game reviewer myself I would like to be able to write the way you do (well, the same is true as a scriptwriter :) ).

I guess that your style gained you your amount of both hate and respect over the years. I’m among the first to admit that you are sometimes too harsh, but when you say “Hey! This AI War: Fleet Command game has really something going for it!” my CC goes to buy it all by itself.

My battle against the lies and the slander of Command’s developers has been a long and painful one. You can find the reasons in a link so I won’t bore anyone by repeating them here. But when a single one of them almost managed to have their game (i.e. the effort of a whole company) kicked out from Amazon.com due to the sheer amount of lying he was caught telling (the comment by a manager was "I don’t think I saw such a pile ever O___o) you can easily see where professionalism lies.

Regarding “the usual antagonism”… Well, in my opinion it is just a tactic: Person A lies about Person B; Person B defends himself, and, all of sudden, you have a fight, a flamewar, whatever. Truth is: you only have Person B right of defending himself. Let’s say that, as Herman pointed out, his thread has gone four pages and no one has been able to point out a single inaccuracy in his review. When everyone is talking about the reviewer and not the review it tells you a lot about the review.

Regards, and, even if it is the wrong thread, get well soon! (been there, saw the Elephant, got the T-Shirt saying "I’m still here :) )

Or you’re so obnoxious no one wants to read it.

You…realize how nuts this sounds, right? No review is unimpeachable, to use your phrase, because any review is subjective.

That’s what’s wrong with kids these days. No dedication. Two months of gamergate? Children playing in a sandbox.

Nah, I want to test the capabilities of a specific force against another force, with a sim that is capable of providing a reasonably realistic simulation of capabilities. And with realistic fog of war (i.e. I don’t know the exact makeup of the opposing force.) But I don’t want to have to figure out how to randomly transport units to another part of the world, and from what I have been able to find, the sim is not really set up to be able to simply put together TFs and do what I want to do.

Doesn’t make it a “bad” sim, just not what I’m looking for.

Did anybody mention that Fleet Command could really use a modern remake? Because it does.

Naval War: Arctic started off promisingly, but boy did that turn into a train wreck.