Command Of The Sea - Naval WW2 Simulation - Development Log

We’re going for single player first. Most likely for dedicated missions like i.e. “Battle of Denmark Strait” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Denmark_Strait).
Then we’d like to make dynamic single player campaigns possible, where you could command various ships through a long campaign during the war.

And then we’ll be heading for multiplayer, at the beginning simple PvP missions again where you’d play against one of your friends instead of the AI.

Coop gameplay is also an idea we’d like to implement, i.e. commanding a battleship with some of your friends as captain, navigation officer, artillery officer, etc.
Or as individual captains, like 4 people, each one commanding either the Bismarck, Prinz Eugen, Hood or Prince of Wales during the Battle of the Denmark Strait.

A persistent multiplayer world is also an idea we’re thinking about since the very beginning, but it would be hard to motivate users to play with the smaller ships too. And playing i.e. in the north Atlantic full of Yamatos & Bismarcks would be far from beeing realistic…