Comp Stomp Monday! I

So it is, good sir!

Unless they plan on fixing the AI for AoE1:DE I don’t know if I’ll spend much more time on it. It was atrocious at launch, and from the sounds of it FE is busy with the other definitive edition work now.

Being tethered to Xbox Live has made it nearly unplayable for me. It seems like half the time it won’t “sync” or whatever the hell it needs to do, so it won’t even start.

But AoE 3 is such a visual and conceptual mess i’m still not sure it is better. AoE2 is like fresh mountain air; AoE3 is like… i dunno… a crowded New York Subway. AoE1 has some really nice graphics; way better than AoE3, imo. 3 is so fugly it’s painful to play.

It’s a pretty good mod.

Anyone want to play from Defend the Monument Tonight? Either AoE 2 HD or SWGB with Expanded Fronts

Oh man i never saw this.

I’m really bad at this communication over time thing.

Quarter to three had an interesting episode about comp stomps. My only critique was the lack of variety. They talked about all the classics, but I wish they had tried out some lesser known titles.

This monday, we might try a comp stomps Rise of Nations game, but like always, it can change depending on who is around.

We are doing a quick Comp Stomp. Join us on Discord if you are interested in some Rise of Nations Goodness.

Rise of Nations was a lot of fun even if @Otthegreat and I got dragged to finish line by @Otagan. In my defense, I think I could have handed us a Wonder victory if you had let us @Otagan. Instead, we broke one of the cardinal rules and started a land way with Russia!

Yeah, but wonder victories are lame, and land wars with Russia are easy to win!

Can my excuse be that while Otagan was waltzing through Persia, I was stuck slogging through Russia? I’m sure it had nothing to do with my inferior army and economy.

We might set up a game tonight. Not sure what is on the menu, but stop by the discord and make a suggestion.

Compstomp Dominions 5? A team of Disciples against a few AI?

So, if any are interested, a few of us will be playing a bit of Company of Heroes 2 tonight. We’ll probably start before 10 PM EST.

But its not Monday!

But it seems you still have a case of the Mondays…

Monday not an actual time. It’s a state of being. Thats why some place, it’s Monday, while in areas just a few miles away, it’s still Sunday. It’s also why some places become Tuesday sooner, while other stay Monday.

There is no rhyme or reason to it. It’s not like you can look at a clock or calendar and determine what is Monday. It just happens. Like a force of nature. Maybe, in the far future, we will be able to figure it out, but right now we just don’t have the tools to do so. We can only mark when it happens.

It’s all relative.

Starting a little early for those interested.

So, 3 Hard AI can beat us, but 2 Hard AI and a Standard AI cant.

I blame @Otagan, because I suck, and @Otthegreat is better than me. So, it’s all his fault. He is supposed to carry the team.

At least the map was still in decent shape by the time the small skirmish was over.