Company of Heroes 2 is a real snow job

Just to be clear about this, FUCK YOU

LIKEWISE

You seem to want him to review the game from the perspective of someone who has never played COH. How can he do that? He has played COH. Because he has played COH, he despises the sequel, which screams "cash grab and tacked on features" all over the place. I don't want him to pretend to be ignorant of other games -- what makes his reviews interesting his is knowledge and familiarity with the industry, which allows him to draw useful comparisons.

If Justin Bieber were the only musical act on the planet, I would give him high reviews. But because I have heard better music, I give him 1/5.

If you read his Black Ops 2 review, you will see he praised the innovations in single-player - specifically, the scoring system, the branching storyline and the RTS-style missions. You are free to believe the "Coldtech" and unlock systems make COH 2 sufficiently innovative, but Tom apparently finds it to be offensively bad design.

FUCK111E2EE Y0U4KOK4

FUCK BOTH OF YOU

NO YOU FAGGOT

What little reputation he has is damaged beyond repair. Interesting that Game Critics- comprised of people that are actually important to the industry- nominated it as one of the best games of E3, while Tom here lambastes it over what sound like largely minor faults.

He's that kind of reviewer, though. I imagine he'd give some of the worst games of all time 4/5 and praise some innovation that doesn't even exist in HIS mind.

Now there's an idea.

Not even slightly. I'm saying that a game should be professionally critiqued on its merits and shortcomings, not just because of the way he felt when comparing it to the first.

It's a critic's job to be professional in their assessment of a game, and this review is anything but.

It's the kind of ranting and excessive underscoring that you'd expect from a user review, at best. Not a critic.

We had enough of this Tom Hick. Giving a bad review is one thing, everybody has his own opinion, but just constantly bashing games and giving it scores 4-6 lower than the average reviewers just to gain attention (read "site traffic") is getting really ridiculous.

I advise all of you to contact Metacritic about it, this is just getting way out of hand.

42 reviews on Metacritic and his review is a full 5 (yes, you read it well, FIVE) points lower than the 2 second lowest review and it's not first time he has done it.

Report this traffic troll to Metacritic!

Are you for real? His rating is a full FIVE points lower than the second lowest rating on Metacritic out of 42 reviews!! You're a fucking retard to let one review change your mind.

So yes, in the eyes of the common reader, this review IS about CoH being judged ridiculously as 20/100.

If we were here for Tom's pure opinion, we'd expect to see this kind of drivel in a comment section in some back-end forum, as it is far from even the semblance of an objective critique.

The fact that this is allowed on metacritic as an official review is shameful indeed.

Good day.

nevermind, im an idiot

Gregg, you need to get off of Tom Chick's dick. You're on every article defending him, and arguing with everyone challenging Chick's practices. It seems like you have some kind of undying love for the dude.

I can't believe you actually said "COD" and "innovative" in the same sentence. Call of Duty hasn't been innovative since 2007, when COD 4 Modern Warfare came out. That game was very popular, and since then, Activision has been pumping out rehashed sequel after rehashed sequel to cash in on their gullible fanbase. Call Duty Black Ops 2 did not bring a damn thing new to the table. The changes you speak of are minor. It's still very much the same experience as all the other COD's

Heh, I guess anyone can get on Metacritic now. It's quite clear you're only in it for the attention. Game gets majority good reviews - Tom says nope, game is shit. Game gets majority bad reviews - Tom says nope, game is 5/5 GOTY. Please.

"Company of Heroes 2 did not bring a damn thing new to the table. The changes you speak of are minor. It's still very much the same experience as all the other COHs"

For what it's worth, I love COH 1. I also love COH 2, by virtue of the fact that it is very, very similar to COH 1, as this review and every other review states. However, I understand some people are not nearly as happy with all the similarities.

If you think a "Best of E3" award (or any pre-release award) is meaningful, Simcity would like to have a word with you...

Metacritic is the go-to place on Steam for game reviews and scoring. Because almost everyone uses Steam, Metacritic has a very large impact on public opinion.