Company of Heroes 3: mamma mia, we Total War now!

Same here. Bummed but I’m all for polishing it than it struggling due to bugs etc.

What games?

From this article,

https://gamerant.com/new-video-game-releases-november-2022/

Skull and Bones has now been moved to 2023, and so has Company of Heroes 3. But that still leaves Harvestella, Sonic Frontier, God of War Ragnarok, Tactics Ogre: Reborn, Pentiment, Goat Simulator 3, The Devil in Me (Dark Picture Anthology), Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, Evil West, and Warhammer 40K: Darktide.

Quite a few, and this isn’t a complete list.

For me personally, Tactics Ogre Remastered and God of War Ragnarok are huge releases that would have eaten almost all my free time, and then just a few days into December we have Marvel’s Midnight Suns.

It’s going to be a busy holiday season. Master of Magic Remastered drops in mid-December, and we’ve got some stuff in October I’m personally amped for, including Persona 5 Royal and Mario + Rabbids Spark of Hope.

Huh, that’s actually a pretty lame November from my perspective. I’ll try Darktide on Gamepass but I bounced off Vermintide. Other than that GoW:Ragnarok is the only one I’m particularly interested in and even that is only a yellow on the wallet threat scale.

Will have to look them up. Not famailiar with most, but really looking forward to MoM remastered.

Just heard about the delay, sadness, as I was really craving some RTS this fall.

Last week of October is pretty rough for me: Bannerlord 1.0, Stranger of Paradise DLC 2, and Bayonetta 3.

But with this CoH 3 delay, I think that’s it for me in 2022!

Just watched this, two full matches shown from the US perspective along with some random developer discussion, and it’s got me pretty excited for the game to come out. I forgot how much I loved the first COH (didn’t play much of the 2nd one, I seem to recall it had a rocky reception at release, not sure how much it got fixed up).

Console version announced

Probably my favorite announcement of the Game Awards.

How did they do it? Tactical pause, so you have all the time in the world to give orders, combined with a radial control scheme. Seems nice.

That reminds me of an early 90s game called Global Conquest. There was an orders phase and a action phase.

Can’t wait to play this bad boy on my Xbox. Console Master Race!

I’m guessing the tactical pause thing is also available on PC, and not just the consoles?

Correct. Company of Heroes 2 also had Tactical Pause.

The best kind of pause!

I believe the iOS version has this also.

Cool. I played the original and liked it but missed the sequel. This one looks pretty cool.

Does anybody who’s a better player/more serious fan than me have thoughts on the latest beta for this? I was kind of turned off by the first one (beta, I mean, not CoH game, which is one of my favorites of all time), but this one felt more like what I wanted, I think. I went from maybe passing for a while to probably getting day one (which is late February)

I think the beta is running for about 3-4 more hours, so if anybody missed it and cares, you can grab it on Steam. This is a multiplayer (and AI skirmish) test with all 4 factions available

Visually it’s perhaps not as nice as I’d have liked, and it certainly seems to be coming in hot UI and AI-wise, but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played of it a lot. The sound is superb. It’s definitely more like CoH 1 than CoH 2, which is the most important thing as far as I’m concerned. Whether it’s better than CoH 1 is another matter. But I really haven’t played enough to judge things like balance - just a single multiplayer game per faction and a fair bit of the single-player alphas, which were very restrictive.

The forums are really hating on it, mainly it seems for visual/historical reasons, which seems overblown to me. I really don’t care that the Marder model isn’t 100% accurate, and I only care a little about the textures and animations. As long as it plays well and isn’t crammed with microtransactions I’ll forgive a lot.