Company of Heroes single player demo out

I got a MP beta key (Fileplanet) but just didn’t feel like downloading 1.6GB. Can you co-op against AI in multiplayer or is it strictly players vs. players?

I’m old (41) and feeble, and I just have to use pause and orders occasionally in single player for sanity’s sake. I liked the Act of War RTS initially (it even let you put troops inside buildings for cover like in Company) but you couldn’t pause 'n orders at all (you got a big, fat PAUSED message on screen when you paused), I think, and once that game became large scale, multiple battle, it was a lost cause for me. I really enjoyed the first 3-4 smaller scale missions, so I was quite disappointed – maybe mortified is a better word – when it morphed into a 2 zillion units, 10 different battle areas to keep track of, sort of RTS.

Ah well, I’m downloading from Fileplanet now (MP beta, now open to everybody), maybe I’ll have it by afternoon. :) WOAH! My download speed this morning is amazing, I guess I should do downloads this early all the time.

Oh, hey, Gamespot announced it will have the “official”, non-beta, single player demo on Tuesday at noon (Sept. 5) [I’m sure that “exclusive” will last 23 seconds :)], and it will have “new skirmish content between the Allies and Axis” (and presumably optimized code, and any improvements from the last two months in the game and UI):
http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/companyofheroes-demo/

The skirmish content (I reckon) increases the size to 1.8 GB.

EBGames says this is supposed to ship on September 11, so I’m not sure I’m even gonna pick up the new demo (ok, who am I kidding, sure I am). Sounds great.

Blargh, all that and the MP servers are mostly down this weekend while they try to track down a server bottleneck problem. :D