Comrades, with just hours before the election is over

…and I’m resigned to the fact that we will in fact see change. I’m resigned to the fact that we will be living in a very different America. One that puts a ceiling on success (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFC9jv9jfoA). One that decides that those with means should write checks to those with less, even though our leaders don’t (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/09/12/bidens_tax_returns_show_little_charitable_giving.html). A country where we elect a leader who models his campaign after some of the most tyrannical communist leaders in history (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E53jw0ezC-o). A country where a civilian national security force intimidates its citizens (http://www.breitbart.tv/html/213313.html). A country where its citizens believe the government should pay for the necessities of life (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI). A country where free speech will be silenced if it’s speech that doesn’t agree with the government majority (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E63EEyVy_5A). A country that elects to power the very people that collapsed our economy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZVw3no2A4). Facts that no one can dispute.

My life is far better today than it was eight years ago. This is because I am smart enough not to get into loans I can’t afford or live beyond my means or expect the government to hold my hand throughout my life. Unfortunately for me that won’t be rewarded come January 2009. Instead, my responsibility will be used to assist the irresponsible. Let’s say, for the sake of argument, I am better off in four years than I am today. I will show up again to declare that I was completely and 100% wrong.

So, congrats to the readers of QuartertoThree Politics & Religion forum. You’re going to get your man. I will accept my loss and perform my duties as negotiated in the wager, as I assume those on the other side would have done the same. I’m sure we’ll see the usual tasteful QT3 threads later tonight, such as “Suck it, Bob Cherub” as well as creative replies to this post. Enjoy it to whatever your maturity level permits.

And I leave you with some reminders:

1. Nearly half the country doesn’t think like you do.
  2. Be nice to jeff lackey. Just because he thinks for himself and doesn’t agree 100% with the hivemind, it’s not a reason to treat him like shit.
  3. Rights are rights. Just because you agree with the right being taken away, that doesn’t make it right. Stop being hypocrites. You know who you are.

My tax dollars are going to save huge American companies while their CEO’s walk away with millions. Don’t fucking talk to me about socialization. Your tax dollars are already being used to bail out the irresponsible.

That genuinely sounds like a great post, but I don’t see how McCain is better on any of it. At that point, think of it as an opportunity to go do something productive and enjoyable for the next 4 years.

Let me ask you something Bob, Don’t you feel that it is part of being a human being to help those out that are less fortunate than yourself.

If you say yes, then you agree with Obama. If you say no, might as well go grab a shotgun and stick it in your mouth, because your a worthless POS who is breathing my air.

I wish the current president had remembered point #1 himself, Bob.

Do you know why more people have probably voted today than ever before? Because we are truly fucking sick and tired of the last 8 years of bullshit.

Now we just need to find out if the ratbastards stole another election and what will be done about it.

Like the right to privacy, Bobbyslice. And the world is just grand until it’s your mortgage that’s suddenly underwater without the accompanying “act of God”.

I can’t wait to ignore politics for the next 4 years after tonight!

This is beyond stupid. How do you define what help is? The liberal defintion of “help” generated a 30 year circle of poverty that destroyed a culture of work.

Since the Clinton-Gingrich welfare reform of '96 we’ve seen a huge rise in the level of work and advancement of folks that were being helped by handouts. For the first time, b/c of work requirements they have a chance at a better life and not just them but their children, who have a positive role model in parents who work.

It is, but it’s also an appropriately nuanced response to a troll ;-)

Thanks for the example wahoo. Much appreciated.

Lol rightfully so Kraaze. :)

This isn’t just about you and your personal finances. This is about what is best for our country. I am quite sure if, as you imply, you’re making over $250,000 a year you will not be struggling every day to get by under an Obama administration like millions of other Americans are now.

My life is far better today than it was eight years ago. This is because I am smart enough not to get into loans I can’t afford or live beyond my means or expect the government to hold my hand throughout my life. Unfortunately for me that won’t be rewarded come January 2009. Instead, my responsibility will be used to assist the irresponsible. Let’s say, for the sake of argument, I am better off in four years than I am today. I will show up again to declare that I was completely and 100% wrong.

Because the only measure of a successful president is your personal well-being, natch.

I’m not sure if point #1 means much. Just because half the country disagrees doesn’t invalidate the other half. One thing that type of statement does do is kick cooperation and bipartisan thinking squarely in the shorts.

So’s mine, but it’s in spite of the Bush Administration, not because of it. If I had military-aged offspring or siblings, it would likely be a very different story.

This is because I am smart enough not to get into loans I can’t afford or live beyond my means or expect the government to hold my hand throughout my life. Unfortunately for me that won’t be rewarded come January 2009.

Isn’t your reward your good life, as opposed to the punishment of others who didn’t make the same choices you did? Do you really think the people being “bailed out” have had it easy, particularly in comparison?

Instead, my responsibility will be used to assist the irresponsible. Let’s say, for the sake of argument, I am better off in four years than I am today. I will show up again to declare that I was completely and 100% wrong.

Do you really credit George Bush and Republican leadership with your success? It wasn’t what you did or decisions you made, it was due to W? Sorry, don’t buy it.

Obama’s tax plan will not save me money. I’ll be paying more. But at a certain point, you have to be willing to say “I have more than I’ll ever need, and I’m okay with helping those who don’t have that.” The society fostered by the Bush years has created a situation where a lot more people than usual fall into the latter category and the people (like you) who do not are unwilling to help them. If it takes government intervention to make rich Americans do the right thing, so be it.

Suck it, Bob Cherub.

Hey Bob:

DON’T PANIC.

I’m nobody’s comrade, so I guess this message isn’t addressed to me. I did vote for Obama though.

Your Mom will accept her loss and perform her duties as negotiated in the wager.