Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

Thanks for sharing this, Murbella. I’ve been out of the game for a while now and haven’t really been following the development progress. Based on your comments, it sounds to me like you’re doing the single-player/PVE thing, which I also felt was very weak last time I played. None of the dungeons/caves are fleshed out enough to be worth exploring, minus the reptile armor dungeon which was fun, but limited (and I’m not sure reptile armor is all that great outside of looking cool). Building and collecting thralls and leveling is fun, but then once you reach a certain point there’s nothing left to do. I suspect PVP is a much more balanced experience, even though it’s probably also still got a ways to go.

Yup, I ended up favoring two locations, one near an entrance to the Relic Hunter City and one northeast of the ship, near the (former?) edge of the map. And for those just starting out there are a few good, defensible spots near the Hand Statue.

I was purely playing co op with a friend on a private server, so yeah, no pvp.

They turned on private server rental on Xbone the other day.

Minimum cost is upwards of $30/month, with only one vendor. That seems like highway robbery.

Is that the going rate on PC? I’m thinking (based on only circumstantial evidence LOL) that’s why they might have not included hosting your own dedicated servers- they’re getting a cut from the hosting company?

In any case, I’m super bummed.

I only had a 10 person server before, but I got it from Survival Servers for something like $14 a month at the time. They had a very nice control panel for Ark and you can control when it updates.

Looks like they have Conan servers for a little over a buck a slot.

Wow. Yup. Sounds super shitty. I mean, I’d pay $10-15/month to host a thing on the Xbone for me and my friends to fuck around with on a random basis, but 2-3X that? Nope.

Missed this earlier in the week:

So its been a while and I got the itch to see whats going on. Whole new northern zone, drawbridges, potions/magic. Combat update is coming in the next month or so.

Rented a 20 slot server for anyone (PC via survival servesr) who wants to play and check it out: Qt3 - Conan Exiles

Currently running no mods, no battle eye. Gathering at 1.25, shield durability at .75.

PM me for server information if interested.

Thanks for the update!

The game just didn’t click for me the first time around, but I am willing to give it another shot if they have a combat update coming up.

Same here. I’m waiting for the combat update but would love to jump in once it’s out.

First round of PMs sent. Thanks.

Is the horde/purge/whatever system in yet? Details on their website are very thin. If it isn’t there yet, is there a timeline for it? I see they’re set for official release in a few months. That’s making it in before then, right?

Ive only casually been following the dev streams every Friday. No horde/purge yet. It is still supposedly forthcoming after launch.

Major recent additions:
Climbing system/climbing gear - can climb nearly any surface, big stamina drain without gear
Norther expansion zone - new items, monsters, dungeons, crafting, temperature system
Thrall inventories - can equip them with armor/weapons now, up to one can follow you around
Lots of new building pieces - complex roofs, angles, hallways
New armors and weapons - starmetal, heavy steel
Armor and weapon modification system - craft items to modify weapons
Improved map now discovers points of interest, marginally better exploring/story
Drawbridges/elevators
Sorcery orbs (gernades)

I play on Xbox, and I think all of that was in last time I played, except the last two. Thanks for the info!

So a major system of the game is being saved until after release? That’s a bummer. Did the temperature system ever get fixed?

I haven’t played since last spring and it sounds worth another go.

PM sent.

All right, I should have some time to play this over the weekend and maybe today/tonight. I’ll check out the PM!

Is this new Saga of Zath server for Conan an Exiles server or the original Conan server? Here’s the description that I don’t really understand:

‘Saga of Zath’ is a new limited-time server running on a PvE ruleset identical to Crom. You create a new character on this server, and play through a special “Saga Quest” as you progress. Completing objectives in this quest awards exclusive cosmetics, titles, and up to Tier 6-quality raid gear! There’s also a special Saga-exclusive Hoard you can purchase, featuring tradable items! The server is only open until May 15th. Once over, the server closes and your Saga character is transferred onto Crom with their inventory fully intact.

It has nothing to do with Conan Exiles. Its a server for Age of Conan, Funcoms MMO about Conans world.

Well that’s unexciting. It’s just something designed to grab some players, level them more quickly, and then dump them into the main game server.

Latest dev video highlighting the revamped combat. Long watch but it looks really good.

Qt3 server is still up, not much activity on it atm. I plan to wipe it when the game launches around May 8th. Check out the combat update when it drops (late Feb - mid March).