Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

I think it’s at 360 hours (15 days), then decay sets in and i’m not sure how long that lasts before it dissolves. Gut feel, i think it should be twice that…30 days

Agreed on 360 hours. After that, from what I can tell by observing, it adds a “decayed” tag but leaves the structure, and starts another timer based on the size of the building.

I am not sure if anything changed after this patch, they “fixed” some things.

I will reply back here with any changes.

Patch notes from patch 2 days ago. Nothing major, lots of bug fixes and quality of life. Big one I saw was target lock prioritizes enemies over clan mates which was a pretty big annoyance.

We now have a lot of weapon and shield display racks. :-)

That kind of sucks when you go on vacation. I was essentially gone two weeks. I haven’t logged in yet but I’m sure my fledgling base is gone now.

The decay timer is 360 hours / 24 = 15 real days.

That is default Conan Exiles setting, same as all official severs.

I changed the Fleetwood server to double the default decay time. Large structures should now be 30 days before decay starts. Check with a repair hammer. The setting is: BuildingDecayTimeMultiplier=2

@pyrhic and others

Is the QT3 server PvP or PvE? If its PvE, can someone send me the server info? I just picked this up on the summer sale.

The one I run is technically PvP ruleset but folks are pretty casual and there are no griefings or unwanted pvp.

Its pretty quiet at the moment, waiting for that big ‘500 fix’ patch they are putting out in the next week. You might want to wait for that patch to hit.

Ill PM the info if interested.

I started playing on the QT3 server, and I am guessing the whole purge thing is not working at all.
I heard its going to be fixed in the next patch. Does this mean I need to build everything out of stone brick or my base will be destroyed by it? That stuff is super expensive it seems.

So the big patch dropped. None of the testers happened to notice food decay and torch consumption was running at like 20x the normal rate? Yikes.

So I guess I’m getting this in next month’s Humble Monthly. Haven’t followed it at all – how is it, and is there anything in particular to be aware of?

I guess this explains why I was getting so much rotten food in my inventory.

Has anyone here experienced the Purge event? If so, can you explain a bit about its mechanics? I have read some forum posts on it, but nothing definitive.

Also if there is a work around for when you want to place a foundation in a spot, and it says the spot is occupied or something, even though the spot is actually empty.

Edit: pc hotfix planned for tonight/later https://www.reddit.com/r/ConanExiles/comments/8wjy2j/pc_hotfix_planned_for_later_tonight/

Hopefully they hotfix the food issue quickly.

What foundation placement issue are you getting what is the message? You can’t drop too close to another tribe/unaffiliated player. There are also ‘no build’ zones near some npc camps and other structures.

If its geometry building errors you can try raising or rotating the piece with left shift.

Purge detailed here:

I do not remember the exact message. I just have spot on the ground where I am building that I can not place a foundation. The message was to the effect that the spot was blocked / occupied or something.

There is nothing of interest in the area. Just scrub and rocks.

Hmm, I guess I should not have started a clan. It seems purges only affect clans. I started one in hopes that it would reduce or eliminate friendly fire when playing with a friend. Maybe the purge meter shows up on the clan page. I have not seen it yet.

One more question: Is there a way to set the game to NOT automatically add stuff to your hot bar? I looked in settings and didn’t see anything obvious.

I don’t belive so and it can be annoying, keep your bar filled with usefult stuff (tools/weapons/waterskin) so it doesnt happen as much

Friendly fire is reduced to 25% if you hit a clan-mate.

Purges work. I have seen dozens of Purges. The ones in the south starting area by the river are very weak. The ones in the northern snow and volcano are very strong.

In the south you can build with base T1 materials and do not need guards. There is little chance a Purge will hurt you.

In the middle of the map, from the desert to the jungle to the highlands, if you build with T1 you will need guards. If you build with T2 you should resists most Purges. I have seen T1 settlements in the middle areas hurt badly by Purges.

In the most northern parts, building with T2 is a risk. I have seen T2 structures without guards leveled by northern Purges. You will need T3 materials and L3 to L4/named guards.

Our public server is set to “2x” purges, which means they hit twice as often and twice as hard. We do not allow PvP building damage, so the Purge is what forces us to build defensively. Jump on the server if you want to see a Purge, they happen 1 to 3 times per week per clan, a larger clan will see more of them. I had to tweak and test for many hours across many weeks to get the Purges working the way we wanted.

All of that said, Purges are still buggy. I think 25% of ours have been bugged, which means they start and then immediately start. However, you will always see the progress bar if the Purge is working. Another place to check is the log, it will have “gorilla destroyed foundation” messages if you got hit while offline.