Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

Thanks! New hotfix, heh: Steam :: Conan Exiles :: Hotfix 03.03.2017

Edit:

Bugs and Fixes

Updated server settings to remove decay on placeables

If you are running a private server you can roll back to a previous game database by copying and renaming the file called “game_build_25635.db” to “game.db” in your Saved folder. We advise you to keep a copy of the “game_build_25635.db” just in case.

Interesting: https://conandevtracker.com/

Checking @ 10am Pacific Sunday and the server does not show up in the list. Tried searching by name, invalid servers and by direct IP (23.236.180.163:27015 and tried :7777 too). Poof.

Yup, server’s been down, PM’d the admin…

Not sure what happened but it’s back.

There was a hardware failure at the host. They had to migrate the server to new hardware and reroute the IP address. Wasn’t much I could do, sorry for the outage.

Not at all, Galadin.

I took a break from gathering materials to go explore more of the map in the NE that I had not yet set foot in. Guts had shown me where to find the Pirate Ship thing and I knew from the wiki that I could learn the Set religion from there. And also I stumbled upon a Mitra shrine. But in both cases I did not encounter any non-hostile NPC. Long ago I met the Yog guy who you cannot harm and who does not aggro you. I assumed something similar would be the case for Set and Mitra. Not so?

And what’s with a Thrall that is a “Performer”? I have set them around but they are in a fighting stance. How do I make them ‘dance’ and whatnot?

Does anyone know what the advantage is of having a Thrall for your crafting station? Does it speed things up and/or reduce numbers of material?

Greatly speeds things up. I believe some of them have unique recipes as well?

The non-hostile NPC for the pirate ship is the pirate queen. She’s standing on a cliff next to the boat on the SE side.

Thralls can speed up crafting and also have special recipes. I have some level 3 taskmasters and they cut down the wheel of pain time quite a bit. I have a level 3 blacksmith and he can craft an “exceptional” longsword. I think it does 5 extra damage over a regular sword. I think performers can be dancers, taskmasters and priests. For dancers you just have to break them and assign them a spot and they’ll dance. I think priests go in the altar and are used for the god avatar but I cant find a Yog Priest thrall to test out.

I believe the “performer” designation is a placeholder label and not actually a category of thrall. I remember seeing that label briefly flicker over thrall fighter/archer heads, when moving close to them.

What barstein describes is about what I’m seeing. Definitely they were Fighter types when I clubbed them. Later they appeared labeled as Performer.

So busy with zelda and horizons, haven’t had time to pop in this one.

New video from latest game conference regarding upcoming stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay-s-YPPmiw

Mounts
The Purge (npc raiding towns)
Settlements
Sorcery
New Biome
New Dungeon

Good stuff.

In the video kono linked above they describe siege weapons at around 2:15: trebuchets, siege towers, avatar defense and corpse lockers. Rough transcriptions below.

Siege tower

Siege towers are going to be mobile foundations, something you can place on the ground, with wheels, and then build on it in whichever shape you like. You can craft your own unique shaped siege tower: trojan horses, whatever you feel like. And then you’ll be able to push that around the play field with your friends in order to attack enemy bases.

(He carefully emphasized that siege towers would be very similar to foundations in terms of building capabilities.)

Defense against the giant god avatars that stalk the world. System that allows you to basically place a protective shield around your city, which means that you’ll have to decide which god you want to defend against. So there’s a bit of a rock-paper-scissors gameplay element there. You’ll have to know which god your enemies worship, which one they’re going to be bringing to the party.

Corpse locker

You’ll be able to capture enemies, kill them, drag their corpses into a locker, and then [in] that locker over time their corpses will rot, and then you’ll be able to put those corpses into the trebuchet, and fire them over the walls of your enemy’s cities in order to spread disease and pestilence in the streets.

I hope trebuchets will eventually be able to fling other kinds of projectiles in addition to rotting corpses.

Lots more cool stuff in kono’s video.

Also found this today. Dye overview:

Sorry, Xbox players. You won’t be getting the wangs.

[quote]
“Xbox has been pretty clear with us that it’s not going to fly,” says Bylos. “It’s just going to be off by default I think. I don’t know if partial nudity might be OK. We haven’t spoken to Xbox about breasts. They do allow breasts in some of their games, but the penises definitely won’t be there,” he says with a shrug.[/quote]

We now have this banner that can be published if you want to push others onto the server.

Am thinking this over. Easier than Ark to get started in? Run smoother? More/less fun? Ark was a slog and a half. And the start was way too harsh imho.

If the harsh start in Ark put you off, I think you’d be similarly put off here. It does run a lot smoother on my machine than Ark did.

You’re going to die at the beginning. A lot. And if you found Ark a slog, I think you’d feel the same way about Conan.

That’s a bummer.

I’m not trying to shit on the game or anything (I like it, personally) but it sounds like your complaints are applicable to the genre in general, not just Ark specifically. I’d just hate to see you drop $30 and think “Yeah, this is the exact same crap I couldn’t stand in Ark!”. :)

I mean, it would be alright if the Qt3 server had a few people on it that were around to come to one’s rescue :) But that doesn’t seem to be the case.