Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

I haven’t been on in a couple weeks (waiting for a major release/biome).

As mentioned above i haven’t seen the server via steam or in game browser either.

Free expansion coming

So, has anyone been playing recently? I’ve been thinking about taking another pass at it. I played preaty heavy when it first came out, but it seemed a bit undercooked yet. Where we at now?

I haven’t. I had fun with it, now I’m waiting for release (or close to it).

Going off of memory, I believe the last major content update introduced the Climbing mechanic. Sounds like you can climb over anything and everything now, it just takes stamina.

I’m still waiting for sorcery and other new gameplay systems before giving it another go.

Unless there is more activity than I am seeing, I will be canceling the server at the end of this month. Don’t mind running one, but don’t want to just run empty space.

I haven’t seen the qt3 server in a while now. I assumed it was already down, but maybe not?

Thanks for running the server, @Galadin.

Unfortunately, the game just didn’t have enough things to do to keep me interested for very long. Perhaps someday I will give it another chance.

No problem, I’m not going to go into details about the game quality, except it didn’t keep my interest too long either. I am interested in the expansion, but not if it is paid while other systems still don’t exist.

The server is still up for most of August, but then I will cancel the service.

Yes Thanks Galadin for keeping it up all this time. I’m in the same boat with you guys. Lets hope they flesh out the gameplay a bit for more longevity.

The expansion is free.

Well, I know it doesn’t help y’all, but I’ll be in on the Xbone version next week (I think? Can’t remember the exact date). Have they said if it’s launching with the Northern expansion? Or really, where it’s as compared to the PC version?

What? We get to play swinging dicks on Xbox next week? Aw man, life is good!

Yep. I just scrolled back up and answered my own question. The video that @Telefrog posted on June 14th was the combo Xbox date/Northern expansion announcement. It says, specifically, release Aug 16th, with expansion/climbing/etc. Can’t wait.

EDIT to add: no idea what the nudity options in Live are. You may not get your swinging dicks. You’ll just have to get your 360 out and load up Mount Your Friends for that.

Write up on what to expect from the big update next week: https://www.reddit.com/r/ConanExiles/comments/6sslpv/early_access_phase_2_letter_from_the_creative/

In video form:

That all looks/sounds pretty good. I really like the foundation that I see in Conan and would hate to see it languish like a lot of these survival games do. Glad to see they’re still cranking away on it.

That all looks awesome. Is the PvE Purge/Invasion system in the game yet?

No, the purge system is a ways out yet.

Ah, well. Something to look forward to! Vague plan of upgrading to the XboneX and turning the old one into a server for this.