Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

Yeah, no - you are dead wrong.

Source: Ran a WoW roleplaying guild that raided for 2 years.

Its just kinda sad, that a group of people who share a hobby that used to be ridiculed everywhere, makes fun of another group of people who are defined by their hobby, and ridicule it.

Hark came here and offered his sisters RP server, and the response was “LOL RP’ers, am I rite?”.

When I played WoW hard, I was on an RPPvP server and it was a fantastic community. There was RP, but it wasn’t annoyingly insistent, just a bit of fun; and all the respect between factions was a wonderful thing.

That said, I think Charl and Kevin were just joking around, not ridiculing it. They seemed to be making fun of their own ignorance rather than busting RPers balls.

Hey, I’m all for RPing - I played DAOC on the Free-for-all Mordred server in a RP guild named Shadowclan, which was 100% RP 100% of the time (except maybe whispers now and then). It was one of the best MMO experiences I’ve ever had. I was just being goofy above - RP can be quite cool, and everyone knows that back in the days when WoW was big stuff, you chose the RP servers because the maturity level was higher there.

I really don’t think that’s what was going on. One person used faux roleplay speech for a Conan quote. I made a reference to a super old UO-related comic from 20 years ago, mostly for my own amusement.

No one’s being ridiculed here, you can cancel the GoFundMe for oppressed roleplayers.

Honestly, thats a rather disappointing reply from you.

I don’t know why you’re quoting @scharmers, what he says is pretty accurate. Just like if I say that most Top 40 music consists of manufactured hits off of the industry assembly line, I’m not saying I don’t enjoy music or there’s no creative songwriters out there.

I grew up playing Dungeons and Dragons with my friends. Roleplaying, even! I spent a lot of my time in UO hanging out at player owned taverns where RP is all anyone did. I’m pretty sure that kind of background is shared by a lot of us here. Doesn’t mean Goldshire on a lot of WoW servers wasn’t exactly what was described.

But it’s beside the point, because no one’s being attacked over their hobby here.

Thats fine then - Obviously I misread all the replies then. Even though I don’t think so, I have to accept that. Lets move on.

Sounds good, man. :)

18.6 gig patch hit today. New combat, map room, purge (first version), farming…

The Qt3 Server for this is updated but I can’t check it to test yet as steam is still updating. Will post more when I confirm its working.

Note: I plan to wipe on release May 8th. Feel free to login an mess around/test if you like.

As noted above:

• 20 slot server for anyone (PC via survival servesr) who wants to play and check it out: Qt3 - Conan Exiles
  • Currently running no mods, no battle eye. Gathering at 1.25, shield durability at .75.
  • PM me for server information if interested.

I’ll try and pop back on, haven’t touched this in a long time and for some reason damn near every game I’ve played in the last 6 months has decided to overhaul and release new content all this week. CoD, SW:BF2, MHW, and a couple others. Going to be a ‘rough’ week.

Up and working, new combat feels much better. Much less jank overall. Looking forward to spending more time with it.

I can set up a room for this on the discord as well

Will try and pop in and check it out

Much appreciated.

Enjoyed the initial Early Access period, but I set it aside pretty quickly while I waited for the content and systems to get fleshed out. I’m looking forward to getting back into this at some point in the future.

Server wipe in 20 days for release.

really liking the new combat and dual daggers in particular. Can anyone give me a rundown of the new attribute effects per point and all the status effects? (bleed, cripple, sunder, etc)

Having trouble finding the answers. Performance on my system is still pretty iffy so still can’t decide if I will just play what I own or double dip in XB1

I know daggers do bleeds and bows do cripple, some swords might cripple if talented right also.

They have been balancing and tweaking a lot on ptr so there isn’t alot of hard numbers for weapons plus feats and attributes yet.

is cripple a snare? is sunder an armor reduction? is bleed just a dot? I know daggers bleed, bows and two handed swords cripple and hammers sunder since the devs keep saying all that, but I don’t know what bleed, cripple and sunder does other than guessing based on other games.

Do we know how many points we will have in total at ‘max’ level? I know when you hit 10 points in an attribute the cost per increase goes from 1 to 3, do we know what it jumps to at each further 10? I’m just trying to plan a build and it’s pretty hard without any data.

I knew all that pre patch, will let you know after i level up tonight. Patch did a skill, feat, and attribute reset.

Will know what it looks like to 60, not sure if level cap got raised again though.