Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

Is this F2P or B2P?

30.00 on early access steam atm. Price may (will?) go up at launch on May 8th.

No microtransactions, possible paid DLCs in the future.

It’s like ARK-type gameplay?

I think it is, yes. I haven’t played in quite a few months, though. You can’t have pets nor ride creatures like in Ark (I don’t think), but you can have henchmen. In both you harvest, build, level, fight, learn recipes, etc.

Honestly I’m fine with close to defaults as long as I’m not starving/dehydrating/dying too much when not logged on. Building decay might be a tad fast, encumbrance might be a tad low.

In case anyone interested in this game missed it:

I’ve been trying. But I am not crazy about the combat. And this is after they changed it to be “better.” Maybe I shouldn’t be attacking giant stegosaur like creatures.

Official launch/end of EA is Tuesday May 8th 4am PST/ 7am EST.

I will lock the server Monday night and wipe it and prep for patching. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and it will be ready at launch time.

Probably take a while for my client to update due to slow internet.

I’ll likely be ready to hop on it at launch, have it ready! ;)

Hopefully the server company runs things smoothly for release. Will be patching nd validating often for the first day id imgine.

I’m stoked. Who is running the clan and where do we meet?

So if you group and build a city, does the game throw challenges at you? I saw in some video a giant stomping on buildings. Will something try to attack the city from time to time? No PvP in this game, right?

And who makes descisions about the city growth? One of the issues with Shadowbane, another game where you could build your city, is that there were often a handful of players out of 20-30 in a guild who got to make meainingful decisions. The rest were just workers. It was kind of a drag to play a fun fantasy game and discover you were still working for THE MAN!

I was planning on starting up Hellrazors 4.0 as per normal hehe. Open to any name though.

As per meet/initial base spot we could skip the delta and charge north some closer to iron.

I like the name, but then again it did start as Hark’s HellRazors so I’m super biased ;)

I keep finding new and interesting places for early bases.

There is pve vs player base, called The Purge. Once you reach a certain tech level, npcs will move against you. How often, length, severity can be customized by the server. Type of npc attackers depends on your biome. Use good base design and thralls for defense.

As for who decides what to build…

Last round during early EA we only had 3 to 4 folks working on one base. Others branched out to do their own thing. With the new purge system that might not be viable this time.

We were all pretty laid back about it.

I suggest one of the platues by the black hand at the river sacrifice leap.

Lots of resources and a short run to pirate ship for thralls.

Thanks. This sounds interesting. I was thinking of buying a GW2 expansion but I think I will put that money towards this instead. I’d like to jump in with you guys sometimes later this week. I assume details will be posted here?

I will pm you the server info when i get home. I will also be locking, wiping, and patching the server for 7am est launch.

Ill also post the server settings when the updated ini is released later tonight.

Fyi they said the patch should be available a few hours before launch for pre loading.

Thanks.

So looks like I can buy it either via Steam or Gamersgate. Are there any discount codes floating around for Gamersgate? I think if I buy it today I get the Aquilonian armor, so might as well get it today.

Also, should I start downloading this evening when I get home or should I wait for a patched version tomorrow?

Price goes up a bit after launch, buy today if you do.

Day one patch will probably be 5 to 8 gigs so go ahead and install asap imo.