Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

Of course. They didn’t invest all that money into their proprietary DongPhysx engine just to take it out at release!

Bluh, I found dating tiresome enough in real life. Don’t really want to revisit even in video game form.

Haven’t played since first early access, when everyone was building their bases on the sides of cliffs for defensive/anti-exploit reasons. Has that been fixed? Can you build a base on the ground now?

Not sure on the current state of base raiding, but its not really an issue for this server.

Pretty casual PvE. Build where you want.

Anyone tried this on PS4 (Pro), it looks like a lot of fun to me, but I’m wondering how well it ported over from PC.

I don’t really need a new game right now, but I seem to be fascinated by this (I’ve never played a survival game before and ARK was kinda off putting to me for some reason).

once climbing was added the reasons to build that way kinda went away since people could get to it anyway with little trouble

I had a good time in the game last night. Got killed a few times but managed to get to level 11. Where should I put my points? I was encumbered so I put a couple into the stat that lets me carry more, but have held off distributing more.

I’m also not too sure where to put my crafting points. I did buy a few recipes. I learned to make a fire so I could cook some rabbit. First I ate some raw meat and got food poisoning, but it didn’t kill me. I really have no idea what it did to me but it wore off.

The creatures and NPCs are interesting. The aggro range can be pretty far. NPC humans are all very hostile.

I noticed stuff on the bottom of the river but I have no idea how to go below the water surface. I don’t know if there’s in-game help for stuff like that but I didn’t see anything.

So I put a bedroll down. Is there a way to pick it up? I couldn’t figure it out. I found a spot near the river that seems reasonably safe.

On Kb/M just have the cursor over the bedroll and hold “E” which will bring up a radial menu. It’s also the way to remove a wall or building piece, which took me forever to figure out.

I thought I tried the “e” option with the bedroll but maybe not. It took me a bit to also figure out how to actually make the fire work and cook something.

I also built a box and stored stuff in it. So far that’s been very helpful. I’m hoping that it will still be there when I log in. I have been worried those hostile NPCs will find it and steal from it.

If the “dismantle” or “return to inventory” options are greyed out, you might have to repair it first. I had an incident with a enemy near my shelter and I had to repair everything.
The repair process also took me a minute to figure out. Make a repair hammer, place in hand, and swing at whatever needs repair. Have to have the materials in inventory. To repair a pick or something in inventory, click on it to get the menu option on the left.
Game needs a manual. lol.

This is quite good. I think it may be the most polished game in the survival/crafter genre outside of Minecraft so far.

I’m actually impressed.

Hold “C” when in water to dive. I get a context sensitive list of keyboard commands on the bottom right of my screen while playing. Check your options to see if yours in turned off.

Funny:

I’m back at work today for the next 8hrs, want to play.

Monitoring the server as best i can. If there is a problem or patch PM me asap.

Mark, if you are on again tonight we’ll come by and visit and you can join our little clan. Spending feat points in the first category (I think it’s called essentials?) is all safe, as most of those will give you a sense of what you to work towards. As for your attributes, a safe bet is use points in Strength, Vitality, Grit, and Encumbrance. as a starting player those will help you live longer. Later on in life you can respec, so its not set in stone.

Kono, Harkonis and I got off to a pretty good start yesterday and it was a lot of fun. There is still a smidge of jenkiness but for the most part everything was better in every way to when I played a year ago. And there is just a lot more to do. We finished one of the dungeons last night and it was a hoot! I am looking forward to more exploring!

I too am at work today, and I may or may not have installed it at work so I could keep the fires burning =)

Thanks. I’ll log on for a bit this evening. I need to get Discord and a headset, I guess. I hear it’s what the cool kids use!

I assume as a clan we can specialize a bit, so one person can be really good at one area of crafting, etc. Can we share resources we collect?

I spent last night avoiding danger and harvesting resources and doing a bit of crafting. Ate a lot insects! I need to craft a waterskin before I can do much travelling. I made the mistake of not getting the one the game had for me at start and now I can’t find it. Oh well. I’ll stick near the river until I can carry water.

I did kill a few rabbits. Oh, one thing that puzzled me is I made a bow and arrows, but when I used the bow it said it needed arrows and I didn’t know how to use the arrows. I had them in the hotbar and I pressed the key, but nothing happened. I wanted to hunt more rabbits.

I’m at work too but I dare not install. I’d get killed and then show up naked on screen. I took full advantage of the dong slider so without my plant fiber rags my character is definitely NSFW.

Oh but sir, there is a vanity checkbox, so you can hide your nudity while at work! =)

We are sharing resources, which makes things move a lot faster. Also, we’ve take to assigning different recipes to different people. Kar is the armor guy, I’ve been doing construction and some weapon recipes, and Kono is doing some others and crafting stations I think. You can’t learn everything, so we are definitely splitting things up.

To use your arrows, open your inventory, and drag the arrows you want to use over the bow on your hot bar. that will “load” them.

Thanks for the arrows tip.

I like the division of duties. Makes sense.