Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

That’s odd. I was just on.

You guys are talking about two different servers

@pyrhic and all, public server is patched. Sorry was sleeping. :-) Will give second person in another timezone admin access to help patch.

I will keep this in mind, thanks. Don’t know when I will actually get the game though. This will be my first “survival” game!

This would be awkward IRL too.

Had my first real bug/issue last night wile hunting elephant.

I got cornered and trampled to death. No issue there i was expecting that haha. Ran back to get my corpse and it was gone. The death marker showed on the map but the corpse itself was gone. I am thinking it either fell through the world or was floating above somewhere. Not game ending by any means but was super annoying.

I had a corpse go missing like that. I eventually found it much later. it was within a harvestable rock formation that I just happened to break down when making bricks.

yup, had it both ways myself - once found it in a rock nearby, and once it just wasn’t anywhere.

On another bug-related noted, on server restart our trebuchet was gone - all that remains was a couble of rocks where it once was. That’s a pity, cause it looked really nice and was fun to fire, but man is that thing useless for defence (maybe it can actually be used somewhere to siege something, that would be fun).

Also had a purge at our house last night…that was interesting…being in the dark, in a storm, being attacked my waves of naked darfari cannibals…

Cool purge story. Our meter is full for the second time. The first one was a dud, they attacked one of our starting villages. We are hoping number two is more fun. :-)

Anytime you cant find corpse, have someone else look (sometimes it will be there for others). Then restart game and look again

Oh crap!.. what a day I pick to make a move across the map as we lost power for 26 hours… I am afraid to log in. I better just pick up the pieces on the morning :).

Logged out bodies staying in world is still disabled on the server. You are probably fine.

Maybe…

Here are some stats about running a public Conan Exiles server for the week from 21 May to 28 May. The server has been up for two weeks.

We have had 38 unique players come through and play for at least 1 hour (up from 22 last week). 25 players have spent more than 10 hours on the server (up from 14 last week). In total, players have spent 1,030 hours on the server (up from 350 hours last week). On average, each player has spent 21 hours on the server (up from 15 1/2 last week).

On average we had 23 unique players per day visit the server this week, including around 5 new players each day. They played an average of 87 hours of accumulated total time per day, over this week. That means each person played an average of 3.8 hours per day, over this week.

The server goes down for a daily reboot. Two times this week it also went down due to issues at the server host. These outages last for about 5 minutes. I also slept through a patch which meant the server was not available for another 6 hours. That is a total of 400 minutes of downtime this week, which would be a monthly uptime of 96%. Without the patch interruption the normal uptime would be 99.99%.

The server is ranked #897 of 21,531 total Conan servers, which is in the top 4% of all Conan servers. I can’t figure out how that is ranked versus the Official servers. Its higher than some, lower than others.

I changed two Purge settings this week. I removed the time restrictions on Purges, so they can happen at any time. I also doubled the Purge value increase, from 15 to 30, which means we should see twice as many purges. I am in a clan of 10 people, which is max, and we saw one purge per week so far, with these changes we should see two per week. To see the exact settings check in game Settings / Server / Purge.

You can check out some stats here:

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/conanexiles/2269865

So I have 3 named thralls working on my wheel… for about 4 days now it seems hope they are worth the wait. On another note I found the giant gator, spider, and some huge tiger that i couldnt seem to damage.

Hello Exiles on the Fleetwood open PvP server. I’d like to announce the opening of the Godsclaw Tavern. We are located in the Highlands on the way to the North, due West of New Asagarth and right on top of the Skyholme Ruins. We are open 24/7 and offer free food (and soon booze) to all. Invite your clan to sit at our feast table, have a drink at the bar, watch our dancers, or just enjoy the finest view of the Godsclaw (when its not raining). See you soon! :-)

(RP-PvP) Fleetwood - Bldg Dmg Off, x2 Purge, 4am EST Reboot
108.61.124.68:24000
40 people / no password
https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/conanexiles/2269865

I dropped by the other day. Quite impressive base you’ve got there. So many nice touches. The guy who had the penthouse on the hill was cool as well.

I do think the respawn can be lengthened, perhaps 2x? We were clearing out Asgarth and didn’t even get 1/2 way around and the front guards had already respawned. I guess it’s a way to really farm XP, but have to run back to base to offload all the loot.

I do like that in the tougher areas you can run around and fight/kill NPCs and actually get materials to help keep tools and weapons repaired.

The camp in the highlands I am near you can get lots of steel, and even stacks of thick leather, to at least keep weapons and tools sharp. It may not give you quantities to build massive fortresses, but seems to give enough to keep up with repairs and to make an occasional new weapon or piece of armor.

Good idea, I will look into it.

I finally figured something out today that was bugging the heck out of me.

All of a sudden, a couple of days ago my character stopped rolling out of the way when I would dodge, and would do a slower, labored jump instead. Then it finally hit me today that perhaps it is because I put a piece of heavy armor on. So, took that off, and back to rolling again when dodging!

I would imagine that is what the text for the Agility stat means, so I guess I will raise that and hope to be able to wear some heavy pieces and still roll for dodging.

Interesting find! Thanks for letting us know about this.

I’ve struggled with understanding the advantage of armor. Either I can dodge or I can’t. I routinely get killed and when I come back my armor is at 90%, so I eschewed armor and I only upgraded my armor for the cold up north.

That’s cool. I don’t know if I have played a game that did that.

This is not great though.