Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

No worries, Kono. Thanks for the referral to Milspec as well.

@kono1134 Can you recommend good server mods? Or what were you running on your server? The hosting company I use looks like they handle Conan as well.

So we briefly tried mods but it was a bit of a mess in Conan compared to say Ark. We really only attempted an S+ type pick all placed items type thing (though less powerful).

Keep in mind I am not an expert…

You had to install the mod server side, the client also had to install the mod by hand and flag it enabled in the client. There is no auto client download/update like Ark.

We had a lot of mismatch client/server issues and eventually figured it wasn’t worth it.

Noted, uncheck on mods then. :)

Any tips on server settings? Especially those to ease things from official?

For sures:
Shut off building decay.
Shut off offline thirst/hunger decay.

Good ideas:
Bump gathering rates to 1.5ish.
Bump exp from crafting to 1.4ish.

Think we kept the rest fairly default, worked pretty well.

Gathering rates on Kono’s server are 2.4. You can go out with a good axe and pick and be full in under three minutes.

Thank you again, Kono. Any idea what your high watermark was for QT3 players? 5? 10? 15?

Skipper, getting tired of Ark?
Conan is a nice idea, but there isn’t a lot there. The world is nice to explore though. However, it has a lot of bugs and Funcom seems more interested in releasing cosmetic DLC than fixing the problems.

I’m still playing ARK. Skrug is wanting to try Conan though so we thought we’d give it a shot for a while. ARK has an upcoming expansion I’m holding on for, which kind of completes the, “saga,” they set for it. My guess is that they will wrap it up at that point and work on ARK2 or whatever else.

Similar to Conan though, they have a lot of bugs they’ve left by the wayside. For the most part they aren’t noticeable, but you still bump into them somewhat.

I played just a little over the weekend but I know next to nothing about it. It seemed a bit more shallow in gameplay, but I’m sure that’s because I haven’t waded that far into it. The idea of many static spawns just seemed like an odd choice for open world survival, but I know some of that it tied to thralls, etc. I’ve not seen the PvP side or a purge yet.

We had 6ish on at once several times early on.

For those still playing, I have an additional server up and running. Now if I can just figure out how to get the Purge working while still PvE?

Also, any tips on where to head once I reach level 30? I’m slowly starting to outlevel these Dafari camps/caves I’ve been raiding for thralls.

Go north, young man.

Like cold zone north or where? I’m assuming above the desert line?

Follow the spirits, they will lead you to the broken acqueduct, north along the major river. Do not venture into the snows yet, but the upper highlands have bountiful prey, new thralls and dangerous adventures for you.

I will go in search of the secret of steel.

Hmm.

So the survival game reskinned with new options or something brand new? They’ve done the MMO and the survival game. What’s next?

Conan Royale.

Bingo.

An RTS? Boo.