Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

Good point. Ziggy pointed out that when he was on a 2X EXP server the progression felt a lot better. So you could definitely configure things to make it feel less grindy.

Kono, What about a different host? Here is a list of others that might have some availability:

Also I’d be willing to donate for the effort if we get a QT3 server up…This game does look like it will excel with more peeps.

The Barbarian Edition comes with a 25% discount for PingPerfect.

Too bad this game doesn’t allow you to just set up an offline instance for solo play.

Solo on my own machine was how I was playing last night?

Yeah, you can do this, Nick.

Okay I have set up a 30 slot Qt3 server, password locked. PM me if you are interested so I can send you the details. Don’t want to blast out the info.

Currently, I left everything to default, set nudity to full (It is Conan) and disabled Battleye. As we try it out, I am open to changing configurations and such.

I set this up for monthly right now. However if this does actually gather steam, I will change to 6 month billings so everyone can be guaranteed of server lifetimes.

That’s awesome Galadin.

Should I pick this game up? It does look cool, but also pretty far from complete, and I feel Funcom have a bit of a history of not taking their games over that last hump to make them great.

Like most survival games, it is Early Access. And just being released, it really shows. So you must have some patience to handle the issues right now. I just happen to really like the Conan mythos (bought into their Age Of Conan MMO with the collector’s edition and everything way back when.)

I would expect it to be better handled than The Secret World, and that has turned out okay. I would expect FunCom to work on this hot and heavy for at least a year. But since it is a straight buy in, I would also expect that somehow they would need to determine new revenue streams later on to keep investing development time into it.

Yeah, it looks like it may still set your own server host as available online, but either just add in a password or uncheck all the regions or something and nobody will be joining in.

I got to level 4 last night with all the settings at default. I found a semi-safe area finally near the water and some egg nests that I raided periodically that finally got my hunger under control. I made an initial 2x2 sandstone dwelling with a bedroll in it.

I think I need to bump up the XP multiplier, though, as I ran around for quite a while gathering materials and making walls just to grind experience and I was still far from hitting level 5 it seemed. Thankfully, all of that is adjustable and I can see myself bumping up the resource collection rates also to at least 2x.

Awesome on the server! I will shoot you a PM!

Offline solo?

You can create a solo server. It still substantiates the server, but you can password lock it when you create it.

That’s still not clear to me. Can you do this while completely offline - no internet?

Not sure, I created one last night, but didn’t disconnect from the internet to test that part.

Thank you.

Pm sent.

Look forward to playing after work today.

Yeah, pretty sure. It says “Singleplayer/Co-op” and “Play Online” as the two options. It just makes a local server. I mean, I haven’t tried it while disconnected, but it was a local server. Not sure if it pings back or anything.

Unfortunately, I can’t find anything that confirms it. There’s a few people asking for “offline” play but the responses they’ve all gotten are just people parroting the vague text or people just writing that you can play o a “solo server” which is not the same thing at all.

I’ll try it when I get home tonight and let you know. I expect it will work, but who knows!

Awesome news! I look forward to playing tonight.

I would suggest a x2 XP shift possibly. I am guessing since this is pre-alpha stage, maps and server saves may often be lost during this phase. Might be easier for us to see more of the mechanics if it’s sped up a bit.