Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

I was wondering the same. Mine’s gone too.

You guys have me really tempted, I am kind of terrified of trying to play as a woman in this game though.

At work, can’t check.

Funcom make absolutely cool games and mmo. Too bad they never finish what they begin.

Open survival games are a cool genre. Too bad never finish when they start.

Probability of Conan Exile to be finished some day in the future: -900000000%.

What would finish look like though?

I’m not saying you’re wrong but the survival games seem to be the new MMOs. MMOs were never finished really though until the plug on the server was pulled. If you mean end content, it seems like they take the path of the so called Korean grinds, aka end content is PVP the hell out of everyone else your level, in large groups, and step on the new players on the way.

I find the idea of survival games worthwhile, but this PVP part feels, in part, a mask of a lack of end game content.

I would be quite pleased to see a new crop of MMO games that had a focus on survival as long as there was a co-op option. I have zero interest in any PvP stuff.

I don’t speak for everyone on the qt3 server of course but many of us aren’t looking to pvp or 3am raid anyones base.

Like in ark we are doing the communal pve tribe thing. Just learning, exploring and having fun. Also surviving… but thats hit or miss… stupid crocs.

Honestly the combat is a touch janky atm. I don’t even see how pvp could be enjoyble in its current state.

TLDR: Don’t let the public pvp server gank fest turn you off to the game. Join a chill private server like qt3.

I folllow these games with interest. Maybe something cool would result on this, but so far they are are like explosives made of light, without destructive power.

I didn’t reset or anything, there was a server patch that got applied though.

Ugg, this thing is still in Early Access for sure. The update created a new game database file, and the backup won’t work on this version. It looks like the official servers are having problems as well.

I can pump up the harvest and exp values, but I don’t think there is anything right now to do for the game.db. I am going to watch the backup process for this file going forward.

This is my thinking as well. In the absence of PvP, is there meaningful base building beyond aesthetics? My few hours with (early) minecraft consisted of constructing a tower and lava pit moat to dispose of spiders/creepers etc. Once that was done there wasn’t much else to hold my interest.

Certainly a bit painful to put that many hours into something to have it vanish. :(

Apparently a big “balancing” patch tomorrow. Here is todays patch. Haven’t seen much talk of an apparent wipe (no biggy to me either way).

PATCH 02.02.2017

We’ve released a new patch

Please restart your clients and Community Servers to make sure they receive the latest update to the game.

Changelog:

Removed network congestion from big buildings, reducing lag
Disabled random NPC taunts during combat
Fixed an issue with some players getting stuck after character creation
Fixed a bug where loading screens disappear (showing main menu or the world)
Fixed incorrect settings on port values for servers, making it less likely you will be disconnected when entering a new server
Added a “Show full servers” checkbox to the server window
Introduced a possible fix for building pieces not loading properly
Graphics driver check on startup, encouraging you to update if needed
Several other minor tweaks and improvements
Fixed thralls resetting on server restart. The issue occured if people picked up then placed their thralls again. They weren’t being saved.

We thank you for your patience as we continue to improve and update Conan Exiles.

I’m sorry, again, just followed the directions to apply the server patch. I am logging in now, will up some of the values for the next 24 hours to at least make recovery easier and then drop them back down.

Another new patch today.

PATCH 02.02.2017a
FEBRUARY 2 - COMMUNITY MANAGER (ANDY B)
A new patch has been released!

Please restart your clients and Community Servers to make sure they receive the latest update to the game.

Changelog:

You will now be able to click through on screen popup messages
It will no longer be possible to destroy Sandstone buildings with Stone or Iron Weapons. Steel weapons will still be able to destroy them.
It will no longer be possible to destroy Stonebrick buildings with Iron or steel weapons. It will require explosives to destroy them
Weapons found in chests will not be able to hurt Sandstone buildings.
Projectiles (Arrows) will no longer do damage to buildings of any type.
We have added a “Player List” GUI to the admin panel. Admins will be able to use this to get a list of all the players currently connected to their server. From this list they will be able to ban unwelcome players from their server.

found an odd bug, probably related to the resource gathering being boosted. even when stripped naked I was encumbered. Had someone kill me and when I looted my corpse I had 500 stone on me that I couldn’t see while alive. Think some weird overflow happened.

How are folks joining the server now?

When attempting to join via steam today (now prompts for password) the game loads and drops me at the main menu screen and doesn’t do anything.

Same. But when Play Online is open, and then I connect via the Steam server browser, the game client rejects the password as invalid. To get the server to even show up there, you have to check the “Show Invalid Servers” box. The server is currently designated as Invalid, for whatever reason, and so it’s greyed out and can’t be clicked on. Everything I’ve read online says this means the server isn’t up-to-date, but the admin thinks it is.

Edit: Supposedly you can also add this to your game launch options in Steam: +connect [ip address]:[port]. Didn’t change anything for me but might be useful when things are working properly again.

I try from steam launcher, it fails, I try again and it works. odd stuff. We have a new base up fwiw, I’ll try to be on for clan invites

Still showing as Invalid in the version field in the in game launcher.

Steam join still dumps to the menu.

My menu build shows 23673/9960, whats the server at?